Isobar is seeking a Marketing Automation Specialist who can take ownership of customer engagement activities, primarily across email and other digital marketing and engagement channels.
This Lead role will support marketing automation needs of clients in terms of data, operations, and process. The focus is on developing programs in both acquisition and engagement to efficiently drive membership and increase utilization of services. The ideal candidate is a power user of marketing automation platforms and understands how to apply these tools to marketing processes and campaign workflows. This includes applying segmentation strategies across channels as needed.
Marketing Automation Specialists at Isobar must have strong analytical abilities and enjoy interpreting data in order to formulate insights about the consumer experience. The candidate should be energized by dynamic environments and be able to manage multiple threads of work while maintaining the quality of all deliverables. Time management skills are essential.
The Marketing Automation Specialist is a role within Isobar’s Optimization discipline which has a growing focus on Customer Engagement Management (CEM), including the design, testing, execution, maintenance, and reporting on cross-channel marketing campaigns. Leads on the Optimization team have the opportunity to expand their experience and skillset across broader CEM activities such as media and data analytics. The contribution to the Optimization practice will include both deep technical knowledge and a strong background in digital marketing, demand generation, and engagement.
- Oversee the development, growth, and operations of marketing automation programs
- Collaborate with project leadership teams on program roadmaps, email strategies, and execution calendars
- Plan campaigns based on customer engagement roadmaps in alignment with business use cases
- Work in a multidisciplinary environment (creative, user experience, media, analytics) to create, launch, and coordinate acquisition and engagement initiatives in support of an overall CEM strategy
- Lay out campaign workflows, including validation rules, triggers, alerts, and automated responses
- Manage releases across all campaign workflows and manual pilots
- Implement emails, including maintaining templates and defining dynamic/smart content
- Define dynamic list criteria and upload data for static lists
- Drive analytics and reporting outputs that track opens, clicks, opt-ins, lifecycle status, and overall Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database growth
- Understand the practice of segmentation, utilizing and optimizing first- and third-party data and activation of segments across owned and paid channels
- Develop testing plans, conduct A/B tests on emails, and report learnings
- Implement best practices in customization of customer profiles and data attributes
- Define and implement data integrations with back-end systems, working with IT as necessary
- Conform with and recommend improvements upon client operational processes in campaign management and lead nurturing
Required Experience / Skills
- 5+ years of experience in marketing with a focus on lead generation or direct marketing
- 2+ years of experience with either Salesforce or HubSpot
- B.A./B.S. degree in Computer Science, Communications, or Management preferred
- Experience with marketing automation or email marketing platforms such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud Email Studio and Journey Builder, Adobe Campaign Manager, HubSpot, and Marketo
- Knowledge of journey-based email delivery strategies
- Expertise in nurturing the quality of and maintaining response rates in contact lists through deliberate data capture and contact management strategies
- Experience identifying trends and analyzing program effectiveness and ROI, using their implications to guide decision makers
- Familiarity with leveraging audience targeting across media and email platforms
- Strong knowledge of direct marketing best practices with regard to deliverability and CAN-SPAM compliance
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
Nice to Have
- Knowledge of call center operations and integrations with CRM and service platforms
- Knowledge of and basic understanding of Data Management Platforms
- Experience with media campaigns and site personalization