Isobar is a global digital agency that delivers experience-led transformations powered by creativity.
Isobar is looking for Lead Back-End Developers who can direct a technical team while delivering high-quality Java code in a timely manner across a variety of project engagements. Candidates are expected to play a lead role in multiple phases of projects, including requirements gathering, software design, development, and testing. They must be proficient with Java and object-oriented programming, including Java Servlet API, JSPs, SOAP, and RESTful web service development, Java streams, lambda expressions, design patterns, and popular open source frameworks. Candidates should also possess experience working with standard application servers and integrating with diverse front-end technologies (iOS, Android, HTML5).
Candidates must be proficient with standard Java development tools, build tools, source control, popular IDEs, unit testing, and a working understanding of Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) tools and concepts.
Candidates should also have experience working in one or more commercial cloud environments (AWS, Azure, GCP), including familiarity with native cloud platforms, tooling, and operational support capabilities.
Lead Back-End Developers at Isobar must be experienced in working with Agile teams, possess effective written and verbal communication skills, and be willing to travel. Training is available on an as-needed basis to assist with project demands.
- Deliver high-quality code and documentation that can be used as a benchmark for junior developers
- Accurately report issues and status to project management
- Play a lead role in technical requirements gathering, design, and testing
- Assist / mentor junior developers
Required Experience / Skills
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in computer science or a related field
- Have at least five years professional software engineering experience
- Have core Java (JDK 8+) expertise
- Hold an Active Secret Clearance
- Expert in object-oriented programming concepts
- Extensive experience with software design fundamentals and design patterns
- Understanding of web application concepts and HTTP protocols
- Extensive experience working with open source frameworks (e.g., Spring, Hibernate)
- Experience with multiple application servers (e.g., Apache Tomcat, WebLogic, IBM WebSphere, JBoss EAP)
- Proficiency with relational database fundamentals (e.g., Oracle, Sybase, PostgresSQL)
- Experience with non-relational or document-oriented database technologies
- Proficiency with at least one IDE (e.g., Eclipse, IntelliJ)
- Experience with at least one Java templating language (e.g., JSP, JSF, Velocity, FreeMarker, Thymeleaf, Mustache)
- Proficiency in unit testing and logging framework (e.g., JUnit, Mockito, and/or Selenium WebDriver, SLF4J, Log4j)
- Experience with build tools (e.g., Maven, Gradle) and continuous integration (e.g., Jenkins, Bamboo, Cruise Control, Sonar)
- Mastery of ORM concepts or experience with an implementation (e.g., Hibernate or other JPA)
- Proficiency with source control systems (e.g., Subversion, Git)
- Experience with AWS cloud tooling and managed services
- Significant experience with tuning and refactoring code, and assessing the impact of architectural decisions on performance and scalability
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture concepts and patterns, including microservices, service bus, and service gateway implementation experience
- Experience with multiple development methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, Hybrid)
- Experience with various Spring modules (e.g., MVC, Aspects, Security, Data, Core, Boot)
Nice to Have
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience with alternate scripting languages (e.g., Python, PHP, Groovy, Ruby)
- Experience with mobile platforms (e.g., Android, iOS)
- Experience writing and tuning complex RDBMS queries and procedures
- Experience with profiling, tuning, and optimizing JEE web applications
- Experience with a major Content Management System package (e.g., Drupal, Adobe Experience Manager, Sitecore)
- Familiarity with tooling and service offerings of multiple cloud providers (Azure, Google, AWS, etc.)
Applicants selected for this position may be subject to a government security investigation and must be able to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Only US citizens are eligible for a security clearance. For this position, Isobar will only consider applicants with active security clearances.