Recognized by Fast Company, Cannes Lions, Forrester and Gartner, Isobar is a global digital agency within the Dentsu network that delivers experience-led transformations powered by creativity. We have redefined the way consumers experience music through emerging technology with the creation of Aeronaut. We have taken six disparate brands and brought them under one house through the transformation of Zwilling. We have strategized, built and executed the digital reinvention of Enterprise, Alamo + National. And we have connected families to LAIKA’s Missing Link characters through the power of voice. Isobar has a longstanding history of solving complex business problems. We have deep expertise in UX, creative, technology and optimization and are able to take on the toughest problems because of it. Sound like something you want to be a part of?
Isobar is seeking a forward-thinking Director of Communications with a background steeped in PR and media relations to join our team and work on behalf of our agency's own brand within the digital advertising and digital transformation world. This senior leader will have responsibility for leading executive communications, media relations, thought leadership, social strategy and content, and internal communications within Isobar. The ideal candidate has a proven track record for leading innovative campaigns and generating measurable results. We're looking for someone who can jump in to a lean team, roll-up-their sleeves and make a valuable impact! This position will report directly into a C-level executive.
- Help develop and execute a strategic media relations strategy that will build corporate reputation and drive demand for Isobar’s services.
- Position senior executives as thought leaders by securing an ongoing cadence of speaking engagements, media interviews, branded partnership content, social and digital content.
- Help to develop, shape, manage and drive global strategic messaging pillars on a regional scale. Apply our powerful brand narrative across thought leadership, executive positioning and media relations strategies.
- Lead the development and publishing of thought leadership in multiple formats, with content including primary research and analysis, industry best practices, and original points of view.
- Lead and execute strategy, planning, and messaging for crisis communications and M&A.
- Stay on top of industry trends and proactively seek out new visibility opportunities for Isobar and senior executives.
- Take a data-driven approach to inform and evolve external communication strategies. Establish what success looks like by setting KPIs and regularly reporting on communications initiatives.
- Set social media strategy and manage resources to execute.
- Counsel executives on internal communications strategies and next-practices
- Evaluate existing internal communications framework, content and channels, and build an effective internal communications strategy
- Create and lead campaigns to build employee pride and engagement
- Partner with IT and HR to drive employee adoption of communication and collaboration tools
- Drive strategy and cadence for employee all-hands, staff meetings, executive meetings and other internal events
- At least 10+ years of agency-side or client-side experience in a PR/Communications/Media Relations role within a matrixed environment
- An existing network of strong media relationships and industry connections
- Ability to quickly build trust and influence all levels of an organization
- Experience driving adoption of corporate stories and narratives
- Strong leadership and team management skills
- Stellar written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to build consensus at all levels
- B.A. or M.A. in Communications (a focus on Public Relations strongly preferred)