Business Analysis at Isobar
Our Business Analysts provide the analytical strategies, insights, and solutions that Isobar delivers to world-class brands within the media, finance, healthcare, commerce, and government sectors. In addition to award-winning websites and mobile applications, we have implemented a number of pioneering ideas in the digital space.
Every member of the Business team—from the most junior analyst to our most senior leadership—works in close collaboration with our counterparts in other disciplines, as well as with our clients. Together, we create solutions that always function from the user’s perspective.
We value people who have a passion for creative problem solving, relish tackling complex issues, are able to communicate ideas effectively, and are self-starters eager to learn and apply new knowledge in a fast-paced, client-driven environment. At Isobar we expect our analysts to be hands-on at every stage of the process. They must be able to conduct discovery work in order to understand our users and the challenges at hand, and then translate those audience needs into business objectives and priorities for both a short- and long-term user experience vision. Finally, through thorough testing and other techniques, our analysts must be able to set the course for a sound implementation and documentation delivery.
Isobar is seeking Senior Business Analysts to work in project team settings handling a variety of roles and responsibilities. Candidates must be intelligent, analytical problem solvers with strong written and verbal communication skills. Senior Business Analysts at Isobar must be self-starters, able to quickly learn and apply new knowledge in a fast-paced, client-driven environment.
Senior Business Analysts must have:
- The ability to analyze complex situations and adapt to changing projects and responsibilities
- A sound understanding of requirements gathering processes, tools, and templates
- The ability to create business deliverables, including functional specifications, use cases, requirement traceability matrices, user stories, and acceptance criteria—all with minimal direction and support from a team lead or project manager
- A thorough understanding of testing capabilities, including performing functional, regression, quality assurance, and user acceptance testing, as well as the creation of test scripts pertaining to each
- Experience using bug-tracking software such as JIRA
- An understanding of project delivery methodologies, including waterfall and the agile Scrum framework
- Fundamental knowledge of user experience principles
- Sound understanding of cross-discipline project activities, deliverables, and impacts
- Help determine the approach and methodology that best suits the task requirements and client environment
- Apply Isobar methodologies and tools to project delivery
- Serve as a functional/domain expert on the project team
- Be adept at identifying, quantifying, and managing project delivery risks
- Contribute to a variety of deliverables, possibly managing a single activity or stream of work
- Extrapolate core project requirements based on client needs and translate the requirements into project documentation
- Prepare and execute test scripts and document test results with minimal direction from a lead or project manager
- Identify and define problems and present options for mitigation
- Actively contribute to client working sessions
- Present written and oral communications in an organized and structured manner
- Basic understanding of leading-edge mobile and web application technologies, including but not limited to mobile web and iOS/Android applications, CMS, CRM, and other Internet applications in a variety of industries
- Experience in one of more of the following solution sets: corporate sites, consumer sites, B2B sites, B2C sites, employee portals, or marketing platforms
- Understand the elements of user experience and visual design and the application and benefits of a user-centered design process in the delivery of solutions
- Maintain a cursory understanding of new and emerging technologies and their potential client applications
- Convey the Isobar brand and capabilities in both written and verbal business development conversations
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years professional experience in consulting, with at least 2 years of experience as a Business Analyst
- Experience delivering web and/or mobile channel solutions on an enterprise scale
- Experience serving as a business/product subject matter expert on projects based on previous experience and/or the ability to quickly learn and become the resident expert