Isobar is a global digital agency that delivers experience-led transformations powered by creativity. We have redefined the way consumers experience music through emerging technology with the creation of Aeronaut. We have taken six disparate brands and brought them under one house through the transformation of Zwilling. We have strategized, built and executed the digital reinvention of Enterprise, Alamo + National. And we have connected families to LAIKA’s Missing Link characters through the power of voice. Isobar has a longstanding history of solving complex business problems. We have deep expertise in UX, creative, technology and optimization and are able to take on the toughest problems because of it. Sound like something you want to be a part of?
Marketing Intelligence at Isobar is one of the nation’s premier marketing research and consulting companies comprised of both a domestic and international client base. Our forte is large quantitative surveys and database analyses that are designed to help clients with their fundamental brand, product, and marketing strategies, including targeting, channels, positioning, and product/pricing strategy.
Our clients are many of the world’s most well-known brands such as ADP, CVS, Pfizer, Hershey’s, Major League Baseball, Panera, Pepsi, and Pfizer.
Isobar is seeking a Senior Research Analyst who is committed to helping develop marketing strategies for large organizations. We hire problem solvers who are experienced in surfacing strategic insights into consumer motivations/behavior based on in-depth quantitative surveys and analyses.
Senior Research Analysts at Isobar work under the direction of Research Leads to assist with marketing intelligence activities and deliverables for complex consumer and corporate digital initiatives. They work as team members on all aspects of an assignment, including project planning, questionnaire development, field administration, data analysis, and reports/presentations. The Senior Research Analyst will be involved in projects from the beginning, maintaining the business strategy vision from concept to finished report/presentation.
We don’t expect Senior Research Analysts to have knowledge across the entire field. That’s why we provide mentorship and training opportunities to ensure our analysts get the resources they need to be successful.
- Provide support for project managers on larger-scale projects, and possibly act as project lead on smaller-scale projects
- Organize and manage 3-8 client engagements simultaneously
- Write basic questionnaires and sections of more complex questionnaires (e.g., types of questions, scales, questionnaire flow, etc.), making the link between client issues, analysis, and questionnaire requirements
- Evaluate and query field reports, test online surveys, and communicate with field services and vendors
- Review and summarize client background data and available category data for project teams
- Develop data tabulation, monitor data collection progress, and identify and diagnose existing and potential problems with incidence, sampling, questionnaire length, etc.
- Write tab/banner plans for surveys, and review them with the team lead (and possibly the client)
- Rigorously check and test survey programs, programming logic, flow, and quota set-up
- Help prepare Analytic Plans, including specifying which statistical techniques and approaches to apply
- Analyze less sophisticated projects and parts of more complex projects, including running procedures and interpreting the results from various analytical perspectives
- Report simple projects and parts of more complex projects, ensuring accuracy of data, charts, etc.
- Write headlines, develop story-lines (presenting ideas to project lead), and write draft section summaries
- Help test new products
- Participate in client management (possibly as lead or client contact for smaller, more streamlined projects), attend all meetings, and take notes (detecting subtleties, hidden agendas, etc.)
Required Experience / Skills
- 2-5 years of experience in marketing or marketing research, preferably with a high-quality supplier/agency
- Undergraduate degree in business or liberal arts
- Good understanding of marketing and marketing research terms and topics, including ability to match client issues and problems with appropriate research techniques and design
- Basic understanding of client’s business and industry
- Demonstrated quantitative analytic skills
- Understanding of different statistical procedures (especially segmentation)
- Strong knowledge of report structure (e.g., table formats, titling, charts)
- Good communication, organization, and team interaction skills
- Commitment to constantly improving one’s skills, staying current with developments and trends in the industry, and sharing this knowledge with others
Nice to Have
- Course work in marketing and/or marketing research/analytics
- Graduate degree in business or liberal arts