Isobar is seeking CMS Architects whohave experience architecting and developing CMS solutions in Drupal. The candidate should be a both a strong Drupal and PHP developer capable of working independently and be able to deliver high quality code in a timely manner across a variety of project engagements.
CMS Architects at Isobar are expected to participate in multiple phases of projects, including requirements gathering, design, development and testing. They must be proficient with object-oriented programming, including software design and design patterns.
Candidates should possess effective written and verbal communication skills and be willing to travel.
- Deliver high quality code and documentation in a timely manner with little supervision
- Accurately report issues and status to project management
- Participate in technical requirements, including gathering, design and testing
- Assist/mentor junior developers
- Develop digital consumer experiences based on the foundational Drupal 7 application
- Create and integrate content-driven applications on top of the Drupal core platform
- Direct the design and delivery of highly customized components, provide integration to other platforms or environments, and / or significantly extend the functionality of the base CMS platform, including expertise with data architectures, security architectures, operational architectures, etc.
- Diagnose and solve technical problems related to content management implementation
- Adopt and utilize iterative/Agile methodology as needed or requested
- Lead the technical team in the installation, configuration and implementation of the designed Drupal 7 product suite solution
Required Experience / Skills
- 6 - 8+ years of experience in Drupal architecture with experience in PHP and MySQL programming
- 5+ years of experience architecting and implementing solutions using Drupal 6 and 7
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science or engineering
- Drupal specialization(i.e., not surface-level experience with Drupal augmented by knowledge from various other CMS applications)
- Active participation in the Drupal community
- Strong analytical, problem solving and production diagnostic skills
- Able to conceptualize and design workflows in CMS
- Knowledge of CMS platform configuration and optimization
- An understanding of typical design patterns and use cases
- Proficiency with Drupal 6 and 7 architecture and back-end technology
- [CM1] Proficiency with the following modules: panels, views, admin menus and organic groups
- Ability to develop new modules and edit existing ones
- Experience with MySQL database design and integration
- Object-oriented programming skills and advanced understanding of APIs
- Proficient in the maintenance and administration of Drupal modules and sites
- Able to interpret special business needs and apply them to the design and architecture of the CMS platform
- Can take a client through a CMS vendor selection process, including requirements gathering, scorecards, RFP development, vendor management, gap analysis and final CMS design
Nice to Have
- Understanding of front-end technologies and libraries, including JQuery, ExtJS and JSON