Isobar is a digital agency committed to delivering robust, innovative, world-class solutions. We design and build everything from content-rich brand experiences to sophisticated business platforms to dynamic media and entertainment apps. Isobar’s breadth of clientele means that our people have a broad range of industry and platform opportunities to explore. Full collaboration between our technology, user experience, creative, business, and marketing teams ensures we create complex, award-winning, slam-dunk work.
Isobar is seeking a Freelance Lead Developer with expert-level experience using the Drupal 8 CMS. The candidate must have a high-level understanding of Drupal development patterns, custom module development, and third-party integrations. The candidate should be well-versed in advanced Drupal development models, object-oriented PHP, and third-party integrations with Services. Experience with D7-D8 migrations is a plus.
Freelance Lead CMS Developers at Isobar are expected to participate in multiple phases of projects, including requirements gathering, design, development, and testing. They must be proficient with team-based development tools and Agile development practices.
Candidates should possess effective written and verbal communication skills, and should be available for limited travel.
- Develop clean, efficient custom modules for the Drupal 8 content management system
- Deliver high-quality code and documentation in a timely manner with little supervision
- Accurately report issues and status to project management
- Participate in technical requirements, including gathering, design, and testing
- Assist team members with challenging technical implementations
- Integrate with third-party applications through REST or SOAP data services
- Diagnose and solve technical problems related to content management implementation
- Use iterative/Agile methodology as needed or requested
- Assist the configuration and implementation of core application systems
Required Experience / Skills
- 5+ years’ experience implementing solutions using PHP
- 4+ years’ experience with the Drupal CMS
- 1+ years’ experience in Drupal 8 custom module development
- Drupal specialization (i.e., not surface-level Drupal experience augmented by knowledge from other CMS applications)
- Active participation in the Drupal community
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and production diagnostic skills
- Able to conceptualize and design workflows in CMS
- Knowledge of CMS platform configuration and optimization
- An understanding of typical design patterns and use cases
- Ability to develop new modules and edit existing ones
- Experience with MySQL database design and integration
- Object-oriented programming skills and advanced understanding of APIs
- Proficient in the maintenance and administration of Drupal modules and sites
Nice to Have
- Familiarity with the Acquia Hosting platform and associated technologies
- Experience with automated testing of Drupal components