The BD Lead serves as a key member of the senior leadership team to help define the overall vision and growth strategy of Isobar Group. The role is responsible for developing, communicating, executing, and sustaining growth initiatives, focusing on accelerating growth and organizational performance through cohesive planning and execution consistent with the business plan.
Oversee business development and marketing activities that support Isobar Group’s ability to respond to opportunities and position the firm to be considered. Create external exposure for Isobar Group on a market and global basis and increase the reach and reputation of the business.
Strong understanding of digital technology and digital creativity, customer experiences and how they work to transform client business and the partner ecosystem is critical to success in this role.
- Working with the senior team, create an overall growth and development strategy for Isobar Group based on the results of research about requirements of current and potential clients including: new initiatives, services, acquisitions; new locations; alternative pricing strategies and partnerships relationships that will help the company achieve its goals.
- Facilitates the execution of growth strategy by working collaboratively within the Isobar Group and ensuring the strategy is communicated and easily understood by all throughout the organization.
- Plans and directs all aspects of business development policies, objectives and initiatives.
- In a collaborative effort with wider leadership team, establishes and measures specific performance goals as well as progress toward strategic goals for each area of the business, ensuring goals are set for individuals where applicable. Strong skills leading effective and consistent use of sales pipeline throughout the BD organization.
- Results oriented, focusing on the needs of our clients, whether internal and/or external, and the financial goals and metrics of the business.
- Keep abreast of issues and current trends in the market place likely to affect the business and its marketing activities. Monitor media, magazines, and other publications of a business nature as a lead-finding activity and a method of monitoring market trends of a general nature.
- Create and direct formal market research activities for the business; track trends and provide relevant information to wider leadership team
- Represent Isobar Group with our most important strategic partners and vendors to drive deal flow to our various brands
- Drive clarity of Service Line capabilities that utilize the full breath of each brand in the group’s strengths
- Stays current with the latest trends and advances; demonstrates a clear understanding of the factors that impact our success as a business.
- Holds business and growth meetings; communicates with senior leadership team regularly.
- Acts as an advisor to the CEO on critical changes in the competitive landscape, global marketplace and external business environment.
- Engages external business and industry experts to learn and influence business strategies, constantly remaining alert and forward-thinking about opportunities and risks in the industry.
- Implement a program of market research regarding market trends, client needs, client attitudes, and the status of the businesses’s competitors. This could include researching possible areas of business growth and expansion, monitoring the capabilities of the businesses competitors, monitoring client and potential client satisfaction or dissatisfaction with the firm and its competitors, and tracking legislative or regulatory activities which could affect the need for services.
- Serves as an ambassador for the business through involvement in professional and service organizations, attend events, and continuously builds a strong network of connections and new opportunities creating visibility for the businesses.
- Strong client relational skills required. This is both an external and internal facing role.
- Creates a collaborative culture with all points of contact, as expected in a leading digital organization.
- Clear, effective and open communication to all levels of the business.
- Influencer skills and diplomacy suited to the level of interactions.
- Comfortable giving praise and constructive, actionable feedback.
- Tenacious and resilient in situations of conflict or adversity, with open communication style.
- As part of the senior team, builds a culture around our strategy of making a positive difference for our colleagues, clients and communities; promotes our vision to be a high-performance business focused on client needs while living and reinforcing our core values.
- Brings positive energy by demonstrating the behaviors, skills and attitude of a senior leader.
- Facilitates constructive conversations handling conflict in an appropriate manner, takes initiative to solve problems and brings people together.
- Provides effective management of liquid talent according to project nature.
- Setting of clear objectives that you own and cascade down through the growth organization.
- Coaches and mentors team members in your areas of expertise.
- Handles difficult and sensitive conversations with both team and other senior leadership across the network when required.
- Driving business growth in a matrix business.
- Strong client leadership in transformative digital engagements.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Strong communication and relationship buildings skills.
- Budget and financial management skills.
- Strong understanding of digital landscape and demonstrated expertise.