Isobar is looking for Technical Directors to manage the overall strategic relationship with a client’s technology stakeholders. Technical Directors work closely with Project Managers, Architects, and Engagement Directors across multiple projects, and will typically coordinate with other discipline leaders such as creative, UX, or optimization. They provide oversight and guidance, and assist in client management responsibilities. Technical Directors are expected to think strategically, including formulating technology roadmaps and maturity models for clients.
Technical Directors must be able to identify industry trends and strategic opportunities to keep Isobar poised as an industry leader. The candidate must be an expert in standard web application development solutions, including application server platforms, cloud architecture, and content management systems. The candidate must have IT consulting experience, be familiar with a team approach to execution, and be comfortable driving initiatives that span multiple platforms, touchpoints, and technologies.
The candidate must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, and be willing to travel.
- Drive the technical elements of a sales proposal
- Provide support for engagement scoping, define the deliverable approach and project timelines, and outline the team structure
- Proficient with user experience, business analysis / requirements, and visual design methodologies
- Provide executive-level technology guidance for clients as a trusted advisor
- Provide technical and delivery oversight across multiple engagements
- Provide technical leadership across Isobar
- Assist in the definition and management of the Isobar portfolio of capabilities
- Establish and maintain technical / strategic relationships with vendors and partners
- Refine existing models and develop new approaches for engagement delivery
- Mentor technical architects and senior developers
- Identify opportunities for methodology improvement, and provide input / feedback to delivery teams during project execution
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, IT, or Computer Science
- 12 years of experience in software development consulting and systems integration