Isobar is a global digital agency that delivers experience-led transformations powered by creativity. We have redefined the way consumers experience music through emerging technology with the creation of Aeronaut. We have taken six disparate brands and brought them under one house through the transformation of Zwilling. We have strategized, built and executed the digital reinvention of Enterprise, Alamo + National. And we have connected families to LAIKA’s Missing Link characters through the power of voice. Isobar has a longstanding history of solving complex business problems. We have deep expertise in UX, creative, technology and optimization and are able to take on the toughest problems because of it. Sound like something you want to be a part of?
Isobar is seeking Senior Interactive Developers who have proven experience developing and supporting web applications utilizing all front-end technologies. Candidates must have experience working in structured environments following Agile methodologies.
Candidates will take direction from managers and tech leads while communicating issues, providing estimates, and helping to envision creative solutions to technical issues. Senior Interactive Developers must identify project risks, raise concerns with project leadership, and provide alternatives to handling risks by working with creative, experience, and development team members to identify and resolve issues.
The ideal candidate will have experience interfacing with various back-end technologies as well as frameworks and services. Senior Interactive Developers at Isobar must demonstrate the ability to master new / emerging technologies, stay up-to-date with relevant technologies, and proactively suggest architecture changes and new coding practices. They must also take initiative to offer technical direction and creative solutions, including leading code reviews and mentoring more junior developers.
The candidate must have consulting experience, be a team player with a positive attitude, and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. This position may require travel.
Required Experience / Skills
- Experience with templating engines and static site builders (e.g., Mustache, Gatsby, Hugo, etc.)
- Thorough understanding of responsive design, browser behavior and compatibility, and cross-browser optimization / troubleshooting
- Solid knowledge of the concepts and advantages of using compression and other optimization techniques to improve front-end performance
- Able to develop against common, open APIs (Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, Twitter, etc.)
- Solid knowledge of common creational, structural, and behavioral design patterns and programming models
- Familiar with data modeling and the relationship between front-end development and back-end data sources
- Working knowledge in implementing custom visualization (data, graphics, animations, etc.)
- Experience implementing a given layout into a functioning interactive design
- Proficient in several programming languages, web technologies, and technical architectures
- Able to design and implement modules of code, leveraging best practices as examples for junior developers
- Ability to troubleshoot, debug, performance-tune, and optimize a module of code
- Working knowledge of front-end optimization tools (e.g., Lighthouse, Chrome Dev Tools) web server gzip compression
- Familiarity with optimization tools (e.g., integration with Omniture/Optimost/DTM/etc.)
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Sketch, and other graphic-editing tools
- Experience with source code management tools (e.g., Git)
- Familiar with Scrum or other Agile methodologies
- Able to produce quality design documents acceptable for client consumption
- Ability to document solutions using proven methods (UML, flow charting, ER diagrams)
- Able to help set up and configure a local development environment and build process, including exposure to build systems (e.g., Gulp, Webpack) and unit testing
Nice to Have
- Experience with NodeJS
- Experience with XML technologies such as XSD, XSL, XPATH
- Design and conceptual skills