Our Business Analysts provide the strategies, insights, and solutions that Isobar delivers to world-class brands within the media, finance, healthcare, commerce, and government sectors. In addition to award-winning websites and mobile applications, we have implemented a number of pioneering ideas in the digital space that meet critical business objectives because of the analytical rigor our Business Analysts bring to research, requirements definition, formulation of strategy, and client communications.
Every member of the Business team—from the most junior analyst to our most senior leadership—works in close collaboration with our counterparts in other disciplines, as well as with our clients. Together we create solutions that meet business needs while also addressing the needs of users.
We value people who have a passion for creative problem solving, relish tackling complex issues, are able to communicate ideas effectively, and are self-starters eager to learn and apply new knowledge in a fast-paced, client-driven environment. At Isobar we expect our analysts to be hands-on at every stage of the process. They must be able to conduct discovery work in order to understand our users and the challenges at hand, and then translate those audience needs into business objectives and priorities for both a short- and long-term user experience vision. Through thorough testing and other techniques, our analysts must be able to set the course for a sound implementation and documentation delivery.
*Please note that all candidates must be US Citizens who are willing to obtain clearance.
For Senior Business Analysts who would like to join us, Isobar is seeking applicants to work in project team settings handling a variety of roles and responsibilities. Analysts at Isobar must be intelligent, analytical problem solvers with strong written and verbal communication skills. Candidates must be self-starters, able to quickly learn and apply new knowledge in a fast-paced client-driven environment.
Senior Business Analysts must have:
- The ability to analyze complex situations and adapt to changing projects and responsibilities
- A thorough understanding of requirements gathering processes, tools, and templates
- The ability to create business deliverables, including position papers, strategy documents, analytical frameworks, operational models, business models, functional specifications, use cases, requirements traceability matrices, user stories, and acceptance criteria, and ensure deliverables are client-ready
- Experience in facilitating and driving client requirements workshops• An understanding of project delivery methodologies, including waterfall and the agile Scrum framework
- Fundamental knowledge of user experience principles
- An understanding of the fundamentals of organizational change and change management
- Strong fundamental consulting skills and experience working on projects with a major focus on IT implementation or digital solutions
- Help determine the approach and methodology that best suits the task requirements and client environment
- Apply Isobar methodologies and tools to project delivery
- Serve as a functional/domain expert on the project team
- Manage a significant component of a work thread within an engagement, possibly managing a small internal or client team
- Prepare high-quality, client-ready functional deliverables
- Adept at identifying, quantifying, and managing project delivery risks
- Mentor and lead junior team members
- Help prepare, execute, and communicate results of strategic planning activities
- Help organize, refine, and manage requirements and scope, and facilitate analysis aimed at prioritizing and sequencing complex bodies of work
- Help create and deliver executive-level presentations
- Facilitate client working sessions
- Have outstanding communication skills, including the ability to work across all disciplines (user experience, design, technology, project leadership)
- Lead team status meetings and inform manager of issues, risks, decisions, etc.
- Review final deliverables with client stakeholders
- Present written and oral communications in an organized and structured manner with an ability to level the communications appropriately for the target audience (from internal team communications to client presentations)
- Have an understanding of enterprise IT systems, including computer networks, core internet technologies, databases, cloud-computing, and web and mobile applications
- Be able to help document IT architectures and system specifications by assisting in the drafting of diagrams, providing annotations, and generating and reviewing technical design documentation
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years professional experience in consulting, with at least 2 years experience as a Business Analyst and at least 1 year experience performing QA testing
- Consulting experience as part of an IT-focused consulting team delivering enterprise IT solutions
- Understand user experience
- Experience serving as a functional subject matter expert on projects based on previous experience and/or the ability to quickly learn and become the resident expert
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, MIS, computer-science, or related field
- Experience as Scrum master
- Experience working with the DoD or large federal government organizations
- Active Security Clearance