Isobar is a digital agency with a focus on flawless user experience. We build everything from a Comedy Central app that makes hilarious content available anywhere, to extremely sophisticated platforms for the U.S. Air Force. The breadth of Isobar’s marketing and business clients means that our developers have a broad range of technical opportunities to explore. Our secret sauce? Ensuring full collaboration between our technology, user experience, creative and strategy teams to enable the creation of complex, award-winning, no-one-else-is-doing-it, slam-dunk work.
Isobar is seeking Senior CMS Developers who have recent digital consumer experience developing CMS solutions in Drupal. The candidate should be a strong Drupal developer capable of working independently and be able to deliver high quality code in a timely manner across a variety of project engagements.
Senior CMS Developers at Isobar are expected to participate in multiple phases of projects, including requirements gathering, design, development and testing. They must be proficient with object-oriented programming, including software design and design patterns.
Candidates should possess effective written and verbal communication skills and be willing to travel.
- Deliver high quality code and documentation in a timely manner with little supervision
- Accurately report issues and status to project management
- Participate in technical requirements, including gathering, design and testing
- Ability to assist junior developers and provide technical guidance and feedback
- Develop digital consumer experiences based on the foundational Drupal 7 application
- Create and integrate content-driven applications on top of the Drupal core platform
- Design and deliver highly customized components, provide integration to other platforms or environments, and / or significantly extend the functionality of the base CMS platform
- Diagnose and solve technical problems related to content management implementation
- Adopt and utilize iterative/Agile methodology as needed or requested
- Assist the technical team in the installation, configuration and implementation of Drupal solutions
Required Experience / Skills
- 4+ years’ experience implementing solutions using PHP
- 2+ years’ experience architecting and implementing solutions using Drupal 6 and 7
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science or engineering
- Strong analytical, problem solving and production diagnostic skills
- Able to conceptualize and design workflows in CMS
- Knowledge of CMS platform configuration and optimization
- An understanding of typical design patterns and use cases
- Proficiency with the following modules: panels, views, admin menus and organic groups
- Ability to develop new modules and edit existing ones
- Experience with MySQL database design and integration
- Object-oriented programming skills and advanced understanding of APIs
- Knowledge of basic administration tasks such as creating and deploying packages, data store garbage collector, etc.
Nice to Have
- Understanding of front-end technologies and libraries, including JQuery, ExtJS and JSON