Isobar is a digital experience agency with a mission to transform businesses, brands, and people’s lives. From VR music videos to platforms for the U.S. Air Force, Isobar solves complex problems with creativity, innovation and design.
What makes us different? We collaborate between our technology, user experience, creative, and strategy teams to create award-winning, never-been-done-before work.
Isobar is looking for a digitally savvy Art Director with an exceptional imagination and a passion for creating experiences that engage and empower users. As an Art Director at Isobar, you will prove that great design is about concept, craft, and context, as well as visual communication and language. Together, we’re going to create work that changes the world—because we can.
What You’ll Do:
- Join forces with team members and clients to translate user needs and business goals into impactful and effective design solutions.
- Collaborate with an Associate Creative Director or a Creative Director to develop, manage, and execute large-scale projects.
- Design data-visualizations that are intuitive and beautiful.
- Create visual design systems for digital campaigns, websites, web applications, mobile applications, and responsive web design.
- Partner with copywriters, motion designers, user experience architects, and developers to develop and iterate a visual design that exceeds the goals of the project.
- Clearly communicate design concepts in a professional, inspirational, and logical manner.
- Mentor junior members of the creative team and providing design direction.
- Demonstrate a passion for the discipline and act as a creative thought leader.
- Stay on top of improving one’s skills and developing trends.
- At least 5+ years of professional experience within an ad agency environment that does digital work
- A current online portfolio that reflects the breadth of your skills
- Knowledge of user-centered design methodologies and practices
- Extensive visual design experience in creating websites, web and mobile applications, and digital campaigns
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Expertise in both conceptual design and detailed design systems
- Sophisticated sense of typography, photography, and color theory
- Professional experience using Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects, XD and Sketch
- Experience in motion graphics or animation
- A working knowledge/understanding of HTML, HTML 5, CSS, iOS, Android, and the capabilities of web browsers
- A comprehensive understanding of Microsoft Suite and G Suite
- A foundational knowledge of preparing files for print production
- Formal design education
- Illustration skills
- 3D modeling skills
- Expertise in data-visualization
- Environmental touch-screen experience
- Emerging technology experience (AR/VR, voice, etc.)
- Experience in Federal work
- Experience in the armed forces
- Award-winning work