Isobar is a digital agency committed to delivering robust, innovative, world-class solutions. We design and build everything from content-rich brand experiences to sophisticated business platforms to dynamic media and entertainment apps. Isobar’s breadth of clientele means that our people have a broad range of industry and platform opportunities to explore. Full collaboration between our technology, user experience, creative, business, and marketing teams ensures we create complex, award-winning, slam-dunk work.
Isobar is seeking Lead React Native Mobile Developers to architect, develop, and debug applications utilizing React Native and the native iOS and Android SDKs. Candidates will take the lead on day-to-day development tasks on projects and will delegate tasks to other developers on the team. Candidates will be required to solve problems and assist in debugging issues with other developers. The role will entail working with the technical architect and/or project manager to estimate overall timelines and risks to management, as well as participate in design meetings to address the feasibility of design requirements.
Lead Mobile Developers at Isobar must ensure that the projects assigned to them are completed on time and as designed. They will be required to spot problems and bring them to management’s attention as soon as possible. They must be able to interact with other disciplines (creative, back-end services, etc.) and developers to clearly specify when required elements are due in order to deliver on schedule.
The ideal candidates will have IT consulting experience, be familiar with a team approach to execution, possess effective written and verbal communication skills, and be willing to travel. They are also expected to guide junior developers.
Required Experience / Skills
- Ability to lead a team of developers, both local and remote, including code reviews, task estimation, and assignments
- Experience with the two most current versions of the iOS and/or Android SDKs
- Have at least three apps in the Apple App Store
- Understand standard iOS and Android interface components and the differences between those platforms
- Experience working with React Native animations as well as iOS or Android animations
- Understand mobile programming methodologies and memory management
- Experience with web services (either JSON or XML-formatted return data)
- Understand multi-threaded-based programming concepts
- Experience with Git-based source control
- 5+ years of experience in software development with at least 3+ years of mobile iOS or Android development, and 1+ years of React Native development
Nice to Have
- Familiarity with two or more programming languages: Swift, Kotlin, Objective-C, or Java
- Experience with various state management systems (Redux, MobX, etc.)
- Experience with networking frameworks
- Experience with database systems and CMS platforms
- Experience with emerging web service paradigms like GraphQL
- Experience with developing native modules or components for React Native