Senior Project Manager
As a Sr. Project Manager, you will be responsible to plan and manage large & complex software projects or programs.
This would involve the following activities: Strategy & planning - deciding what is to be done; communication – client interactions, status reporting to internal & external stakeholders, organizing - making arrangements; staffing - selecting the right people for the job; directing - giving instructions; monitoring - checking on progress; controlling - taking action to remedy hold ups; innovation - coming up with new solutions.
Ideal person would also experience in managing scrum team with daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other Scrum-related meeting.
• Collaborate with customers on finalizing the strategies for projects
• Project planning, monitoring and control right from the initiation phase till project closure
• Communication with external (client/users) and internal stakeholders on project status, issues & risks
• Deliver on time, with quality and within budget
• Define the features of the product or desired outcomes of the project.
• Governance report on Monthly basis
• People Management and work with teams to maintain / improve team moral
• Track Agile statistics per release and report on progress
• Day-to-day project status with Delivery team
• Controlling Cost of the project & Maintain profitability of the project
• Maintaining Deployment schedule (aka realm plan, release calendar)
• Escalation on time in the right forum
• Knowledge of JIRA-Greenhopper version
• Bug tracking for each project and lead DP activities and drive action items to reduce the issues being logged on project
• Jira triage and administration (i.e. moving to correct Jira type, project admin, assigning to correct brands/site)
• Release preparation (booking deployments, CAB, version setup, coord, etc.)
• Identifying Risks/issues and come up with mitigation plan.
• Time tracking for the project
• Setup and maintain Jira dashboards
• Alerts all risks to deadlines to client, with contingency options and needed actions
• Incident communication
• Release communication
• UAT communication (new sites launches / Releases)
• Good understanding on planning and prioritization.
• Organize and facilitate project planning, daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other Scrum-related meeting
• Track and communicate team velocity and sprint/release progress
• Ensure the delivery teams are practicing the core agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility
• Update agile tracking systems to provide transparency on Product & Sprint Backlogs.
• Recommend improvements and assist in changes to best practice
• Overall experience of 12+ years in global software companies with minimum of 1-year experience in scrum, 4-5 years of experience as Project Manager, onsite-offshore experience, client management, international exposure along with handling complex projects or programs
Base Location: Pune
Travel to other Isobar locations and client sites, depending on the project requirement