We are looking for a strong hands-on Business Intelligence Solution Architect & Tech Lead to join our exciting Global BI team. As Business Intelligence Solution Architect and Tech Lead you’ll be responsible for architecting and developing comprehensive solutions for business customers across DAN global. This is a unique opportunity to be involved in delivering leading-edge business analytics using the latest and greatest cutting-edge BI tools, such as cloud-based databases, self-service analytics and leading visualisation tools enabling the company’s aim to become a fully digital organisation.
- Technical team lead on various BI projects including technical management of consultants, offshore resources, senior and junior BI team members.
- Assisting with establishing the strategic architecture and infrastructure for the enterprise data warehouse and business intelligence tools
- Creating data warehouse designs that provide reusable architectural components and enable high-performance data access and distribution
- Coaching, mentoring and providing technical direction and training to other IT personnel
- Ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence in the BI/EDW team's knowledge and concern for customer's business needs
- Understand how data flows within various systems to provide input on requirements for databases to ensure data is organized properly for reporting/analytics
- Working with Head of BI to develop and establish BI road Map/Vision and strategy.
- Liaising with business stakeholders, gathering requirements and delivering appropriate technical solutions to meet the business needs.
- Experience using D365 ERP systems and creating BI reports
- Excellent communications skills and ability to turn business requirements into technical solutions
- Experience in developing data lakes and data warehouses using Microsoft Azure
- Demonstrable experience designing high-quality dashboards using Tableau and Power BI
- Strong database design skills, including an understanding of both normalised form and dimensional form databases
- In-depth knowledge and experience of data-warehousing strategies and techniques e.g. Kimble Data warehousing
- Excellent understanding of ETL using numerous technologies
- Strong database design skills, including an understanding of both normalised form and dimensional form databases.
- Strong advanced SQL and query optimization skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledgeable in software development lifecycles/methodologies, i.e. agile
- Strong presentation and collaboration skills and can communicate all aspects of the job requirements, including the creation of formal documentation
- Strong problem solving, time management and organizational skills
- Previous experience in a Senior, Lead or Team Leader role in an Agile Development environment.
- Broad BI expertise on a number of different technologies with experience of picking up new skills quickly to keep up with the fast-paced technological advances in BI
- Over 10 years’ experience delivering BI solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor employees
- Self-starter who can manage own direction and projects
- Excellent communication skills
- Being delivery-focused with a can-do attitude in a sometime challenging environment is essential.
- Experience architecting and delivering applications within cloud/SAAS/multi-tenancy environments is desirable
- Integration of global applications such as D365, Salesforce, Workday and Concur into cloud data warehouse.
- 5 years experience in developing data lakes and data warehouses using Microsoft Azure
- Experience in Master Data Management implementations desirable but not essential
- Experience working with finance data highly desirable
What you’ll get from us
Dentsu Aegis Network is a fantastic place to work with many great benefits on offer including 25 days’ annual holiday, Pension, Cycle to Work Scheme, and get your Birthday day off!
Not only is it an incredibly fun place to work but as part of a multinational organisation there are many opportunities to advance your career within the wider business once you have proven yourself.
About Dentsu Aegis Network (DAN)
DAN is headquartered in London and operates in 145 countries worldwide with more than 45,000 dedicated specialists. Dentsu Aegis Network is Innovating the Way Brands Are Built for its clients through its best-in-class expertise and capabilities in media, digital and creative communications services.
Our values and behaviours:
Agile – Anticipate business needs, continuous process improvement, be flexible whilst maintain high standards
Pioneering – Being constantly curious, be bold in challenging the status quo, support a culture of openness
Ambitious – Strive for excellence, drive hard to achieve, learn from experiences
Responsible – Uphold the highest levels of integrity, lead by example, be courageous in raining concerns
Collaborative – Operate as one finance team locally and globally by sharing best practice and following standard practices and processes
Inclusion & Diversity
We value the strength diversity brings to our business and are working hard to build a more inclusive workplace through partnerships with Stonewall, Business Disability Forum and Business in the Community’s race and gender equality campaigns. We are happy to discuss all flexible and agile approaches to working for all our roles – we can’t promise we will be able to offer you everything you want or need but we do promise to discuss it with you openly and honestly.
If you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you.