The purpose of the role is to build relationships with C-Suite leaders to deliver sustainable value to a global client or a cluster of clients through leading, shaping and evolving the business growth strategy.
As the most senior client leader in Dentsu Aegis, the role will orchestrate and leverage Dentsu Aegis’ capability across the full extent of the operating model on a global scale, working with Client Presidents and Client leads (where appropriate) to ensure key account plans are operationalised and delivered in regions and markets.
Strategic Client Leadership:
- Intimately understand the client’s business, their product, markets, competitors and strategies
- Develop C-Suite relationships within the client across their business, especially supporting the CEO and CMO to drive growth
- Help the client understand what innovation means for them, seeking out opportunities to evolve their view of the value Dentsu Aegis can add to maximize the use of the operating model
- Take the conversation ‘upstream’: Develop new mutually advantageous approaches that build the clients’ brands, and lead the client to better decisions about how they use all aspects of Dentsu Aegis’ offering so effective solutions are co-created with the client
- Contribute ideas which demonstrate knowledge of how internal and external factors affect the client, stimulate them and ensure they are up to speed with latest tech & media developments
- Move the relationship from one where the client leads, to one where Dentsu Aegis takes the lead and owns the strategic vision and plan for the client that can be commercially realised
Commercial and Business Development - Existing Clients:
- Responsible for development and delivery of a single annual client plan incorporating all Dentsu Aegis for the client. This plan must identify opportunities for growth for the client’s business and Dentsu Aegis product offerings
- Be able to expertly navigate the commercial contract, negotiated at the global level ensuring that scope of work and FTE requirement is appropriate
- Understand in/out of scope work ensuring that any out of scope work is paid for separately
- Develop the clients’ business & income opportunities; delivering agreed financial targets
- Responsible for meeting contractual obligations and for compliance
- Propose to relevant internal stakeholders how a cross-DAN team could deliver a fully-integrated offering for your client
- Present these integrated offerings to clients
- Manage client revenue with visibility and control over the various businesses’ P&Ls.
- Review performance versus plan quarterly with finance team.
- Be the single point of accountability for the provision of quality services from all Dentsu Aegis agencies across the network
- Ensure all leaders on the business understand the client’s business, the scope of work and the key commercial terms and work together to deliver the client plan
- Inspire, lead and coach a high performance integrated client team that delivers to a high standard and drives value in the eyes of our clients assessed through CRR scores
- Take the lead on resolving any service delivery issues on client business through mobilisation of talent and influencing local, regional CEOs plus Brand Presidents.
Experience, Professional Skills and Qualifications
- Exposure to a variety of industries coupled with a deep understanding of a particular client or industry
- Demonstrated ability to lead an experienced multi-discipline approach across a global network
- Experience of successfully running and leading a business – including P&L accountability, resource management and culture leadership with a proven ability to grow business from within existing relationships
- Senior Management experience in operationally challenging environments, with a clear sense of drive and succession potential
- Organisational transformation experience
We work together globally to deliver a consistent brand experience and partner together locally to provide the best client solution. This means collaborating across the network; sharing success models; and attracting, developing and mobilising the right talent.
We need to be nimble, quick and flexible, thinking and acting differently. This means acting with freedom, deciding with speed and keeping it simple.
We have a trail-blazing and inquisitive culture where relentlessness and hunger are rewarded. This means going the extra mile, having our eyes on the prize and having rapid and ruthless focus.
We're innovative, risk-taking self-starters, building an industry legacy. This means being constantly curious, taking risks to succeed, and being passionate about thought leadership.
We take individual and collective responsibility for our thoughts and actions. This means taking ownership, being good citizens and being transparent.