Account Managers at mcgarrybowen can make all the difference, and are the bedrock of any account. They are crucial in building the clients trust in us in order to create work that lives up to our vision and commitment. They are responsible for managing and delivering larger individual client projects and, are the key day-to-day driver.
We see account management at mcgarrybowen as being made up of three core skill areas - Creative, Professional, Entrepreneurial:
- Is a key contributor to the development of insight, ideas and execution.
- Can judge an idea, its suitability for the brief and really help get behind it.
- Is a key support for the creative team in developing and producing the work.
- Owns the creative development and production processes, ensuring that the right reviews, right people and right conversations are taking place.
- Works alongside Project Management and Production to ensure we keep on track, looks ahead to prevent problems.
- Helps to keep work ‘sold’ through the process by helping the client understand how we intend to bring it to life.
- Uses their understanding of the clients business and audience insight
- Understands how to read research feedback, manage client. understanding of it, and the importance of the right stimulus to get a better result.
- Ensures the ‘framework’ of admin is running as it should – timely reports, clear communication, minimizes errors. Upholds professional standards in interaction with our clients across the board. This is of particular importance on a global business like Amex where we operate with different teams in different timezones, and professionalism sets up the right conditions for the work.
- Has excellent client relationships, and is a great ‘shop window’ for the agency to the client.
- Owns client meetings, ensures clear agendas and clear outcomes agreed. Can do this independently of the AD or the BD on the business
- Owns the resource tracking of our work, uses Paprika to support it, and is able to conduct those conversations with client.
- Constantly monitors scope deliverables and is the owner of the scope of work within the agency.
- Understands and actively looks for opportunities in the DAN network and within mgb internally.
- Account Management drive the energy of the whole agency team, and the Account Manager should be the owner of the daily drumbeat of activity for the client and agency team.
Skills & Experience
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience in a Client Services in an agency team, ideally as part of a Global team for some of that
- demonstrates a strategic viewpoint on marketing communications
- proven ability to deliver global marketing toolkits and playbooks
- significant direct marketing and/or digital marketing experience
- confidence in presenting and negotiation of options around strategy, creative execution and budgeting
- an excellent communicator and team player
- a strong attention to detail and time management skills
- Sports minded/ love of sports