Carat is part of Dentsu Aegis Network, which is the first truly global communications network for the digital age. Dentsu Aegis Network is headquartered in London and consists of ten brands: Carat; Dentsu; Dentsu media; iProspect; Isobar; mcgarrybowen; Posterscope; Merkle; MKTG; and Vizeum.
Established in 1966 as the world’s first media agency, Carat currently service clients more than 150 countries and employs more than 10,000 staff worldwide. Our vision is to ‘Redefine Media’, to create powerful client business outcomes through a command of media convergence.
Carat work with some of the world’s largest and most inspiring brands including P&G, Coke, Adidas, General Motors, Mattel, Diageo, Lego, RB and Mondelez.
The purpose of the Account Manager role is to:
- Support the Client Director on the account management of a global FMCG client, particularly in all aspects of account handling, strategy development, audience planning;
- Network Management by working collaboratively with colleagues across local markets and Dentsu Aegis Network to service global client needs;
- Project Management by taking ownership of delivering quality work to client within deadlines
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing Client Requirements Across the Network: Responding in a timely and accurate manner to client requests for information, working seamlessly with internal stakeholders and colleagues across the network in order to deal with their requests.
- Network Client Team Management: Appropriate management and mobilisation of Carat network / operating companies around client, responsible for ensuring delivery in a timely & accurate fashion
- Relationship Management: Supporting the delivery of outstanding client service for central clients and working with the Client Director and Strategy Partner to deliver according to appropriate contact strategy and client service plan.
- Project Management: Make sure agreed projects are run smoothly and deadlines are met.
- Client Knowledge: Demonstrate a good understanding of the client’s products and services.
- Best Practice: Delivering and sharing best practice as appropriate.
- Collaboration: Demonstrate the ability to cultivate strong relationships across local markets/operating companies to ensure that work is delivered on time and to high quality.
- Finance: Work with relevant parties to ensure the finance process is smooth and error-free, obtain POs in an accurate and timely manner, ensuring the PO tracker is kept up to date and that all spend commitments are adhered to by the media teams. Ensure that total invoice amounts are checked within budget at month end.
- New Business: Active engagement in new business opportunities as appropriate.
- Reporting: Set up and management of any client reporting format from the local markets, checking accuracy and providing to global client as per agreed deadline.
- Proactive Client Development: Support the Client Director in identifying opportunities for cross-sell and up-sell.
- Planning Responsibilities: Supporting Connection Planning by identifying trends and generating insights from across markets that can inform the strategic direction. Experience with planning tools and processes and understanding of when these should be implemented in the planning process.
Client Relationship Management
- Relationship-builder thinks and acts proactively to create regular contact opportunities; shares information, experience and insight with client to build trust and mutual respect; aims to attain position of Trusted Advisor to client;
- Solid understanding of the impact of each area of the Dentsu Aegis Network business on clients’ business;
Media, Strategy and Product Skills
- Strong marketing, media and communications concepts, models, skills, practices, tools, frameworks, etc.;
- Holistic view of Bought, Owned and Earned (BOE) media;
- Solid understanding of digital media concepts;
- Ability to analyse numerical data and pull out reasonable and rational conclusions to underpin innovative strategic plan.
- Excellent communicator: verbal, written, presentation, listening skills with internal and external stakeholders both senior and junior;
- High level of attention to detail with all outputs.
- Listens actively.
Self-awareness and organisation
- Resilient: adopts energised and enthusiastic approach even when under pressure;
- Able to develop an informed position and make decisions accordingly;
- Able to prioritise (and re-prioritise) based on multiple stakeholders and shifting requirements;
- Project management skills: draws up plan for delivery of work to deadlines and with all milestones plotted; follows up key deliverables to ensure timely delivery and heads off any risk to this with proactive checking in.
- Sense of ownership of workload;
- Understands how to work collaboratively.
- Interest in understanding commercial terms of the contract;
- General understanding of business models and trends, particularly within the client sector;
- External market awareness: both in the media industry and client-specific challenges.
We work together globally to deliver a consistent brand experience and partner together locally to provide the best client solution. This means collaborating across the network; sharing success models; and attracting, developing and mobilising the right talent.
We need to be nimble, quick and flexible, thinking and acting differently. This means acting with freedom, deciding with speed and keeping it simple.
We have a trail-blazing and inquisitive culture where relentlessness and hunger are rewarded. This means going the extra mile, having our eyes on the prize and having rapid and ruthless focus.
We're innovative, risk-taking self-starters, building an industry legacy. This means being constantly curious, taking risks to succeed, and being passionate about thought leadership.
We take individual and collective responsibility for our thoughts and actions. This means taking ownership, being good citizens and being transparent.