This is a varied finance assistant role within a young, successful and fast-growing talent management business. Working under the Head of Finance and Management Accountant, and alongside another Finance Assistant, the four of you will form the Gleam finance team. This position will be mainly responsible for accounts receivable and payable for Gleam’s core Talent Management businesses. The role will involve working closely with the Talent teams to ensure invoicing is accurate and timely. A new Accounting and Artist Management system is being implemented at Gleam this year and you will be expected to become a super-user of that system in order to bring efficiencies and improvements to key business processes. There will also be involvement with month-end and year-end accounts in the role.
Gleam manages top class social media talent who are among the most popular and powerful online creators and influencers in the world. The talent on Gleam’s roster are dedicated and passionate individuals who are determined to be professional and accountable while exploring their potential in all areas of media and merchandising.
In June 2017 Gleam was acquired by the Dentsu Aegis Network (DAN), the world’s 4th largest advertising network, headquartered in London and operating in 145 countries worldwide. DAN’s mission to ‘Innovate the Way Brands Are Built’ through best-in-class expertise and capability in media, digital and creative communications supports and enhances Gleam’s objective to continue as the world leader in the digital-first Talent space.
DAN consists of several market leading brands including; Gleam, Carat, Dentsu Media, Isobar, iProspect, Posterscope, Vizeum, Amplifi, D2D and PSLive. Each brings different capabilities, such as digital creative execution, media planning and buying, mobile applications, SEO, content creation, brand tracking and marketing analytics.
Main tasks and responsibilities
Accounts receivable and payable:
- Raising Talent sales invoices and related Gleam commission invoices;
- Producing related information for Talent such as payment remittances;
- Ensuring work-flow tracking and billing spreadsheet is up to date and accurate to enable efficient billing, until new Artist Management system goes live;
- Getting involved in development and roll-out of new Accounts and Artist Management system;
- Becoming super-user of new system and use it to bring efficiencies and improvements to vital business processes;
- Answering invoicing queries from internal Talent teams and external clients.
- Processing of all purchase invoices and raising and monitoring of purchase orders where relevant.
- Performing weekly payment runs and setting up new suppliers.
- Providing credit control and being main point of contact for both customers and suppliers.
- Assisting with month-end management reports.
- Assisting with year-end preparation of accounts.
- Preparing and submitting quarterly VAT returns for all registered entities.
- Monitoring and processing staff expenses.
- Distributing and managing petty cash
- Reconciling group bank accounts (including foreign currency accounts).
- Managing and reconciling intercompany balances.
- Ensuring work-flow tracking and billing spreadsheet is consistent with accounting package.
- At least 2 years’ experience working in a fast-paced finance environment;
- Experience working with diverse revenue streams, including royalties and revenue share agreements;
- Confident with basic accounting principles;
- Experience with VAT returns and good understanding of basic VAT concepts.
- Competent Excel user;
- Confident using online resources such as Government Gateway and Companies House;
- Experience using accounts packages;
- Excellent oral and written communication;
- Conscientious and diligent with a strong attention to detail;
- A self-starter who can manage own workload;
- Organised and can take ownership of ad hoc administrative responsibilities;
- Energetic, personable and positive person.
What you’ll get from us:
This is an excellent opportunity to join what is a hugely exciting and fast expanding business that has the aim to represent the very best talent in the world, while at the same time disrupting the traditional entertainment industry. You will get the opportunity to be part of a commercially minded finance team and be instrumental in ensuring key business processes run efficiently and successfully.
Gleam is a fantastic place to work with great benefits on offer including 25 days’ annual holiday, discretionary bonus scheme and weekly ‘fizzy Friday’ drinks in the office.
Not only is it an incredibly fun place to work but as part of a multinational network of companies there are many opportunities to advance your career once you have proven yourself.
So, how do you apply?
If you feel this role could be what you are looking for please send your CV or LinkedIn profile
Inclusion & Diversity
We value the strength diversity brings to our business and are working hard to build a more inclusive workplace through partnerships with Stonewall, Business Disability Forum and Business in the Community’s race and gender equality campaigns. We are happy to discuss all flexible and agile approaches to working for all our roles – we can’t promise we will be able to offer you everything you want or need but we do promise to discuss it with you openly and honestly.
If you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you.