Gleam Futures is the world leader in management of social media talent. The talent Gleam manage are among the most popular and powerful online creators and influencers in the world. They are dedicated and passionate individuals who are determined to be professional and accountable while exploring their potential in all areas of media and merchandising. Gleam Studios is a production business that sits within Gleam Futures and is one of the powerful ways in which we help talent to achieve this objective.
In June 2017 Gleam was acquired by the Dentsu Aegis Network (DAN), a global media and digital marketing group. Being part of DAN supports and enhances Gleam’s objective to continue as the world leader in the digital-first Talent space.
This is a Finance Assistant role that will focus on supporting Gleam Studios in delivering content production projects to external clients. If successful, an ambitious and capable candidate can expect to be involved in all financial aspects of a project from the proposal/budgeting stage through to shooting the content, delivering the end product and reporting project performance. The role will also assist with finance aspects of Gleam’s core talent management business.
You will work closely with the Head of Gleam Studios and Senior Producers to ensure that projects are delivered on budget, clients are billed efficiently and effectively and suppliers are paid accurately and on time. You will be supported by the Head of Finance and the wider finance team in meeting these objectives.
You will be responsible for all postings to the accounting system (currently Sage Line 50) that relate to Gleam Studios activity, and for monitoring performance against project budgets.
You will also assist the wider finance team with accounting and reporting relating to the core talent management business.
Key tasks will include:
- Raising sales invoices to Gleam Studios clients;
- Maintaining the trade receivables ledger for Gleam Studios and ensuring prompt payment is received in-line with contractual terms;
- Processing Gleam Studios supplier invoices;
- Maintaining the trade payables ledger for Gleam Studios and paying suppliers in accordance with agreed payment terms;
- Processing staff expense claims efficiently and accurately;
- Responding to petty cash requests in a timely manner and ensuring sufficient cost descriptions and supporting receipts are provided by the production team for expenditure of that petty cash;
- Processing Gleam Studios credit card statements, ensuring sufficient explanation of expenditure and supporting receipts are provided by the production team;
- Reviewing and understanding production budgets, ensuring margin is in-line with expectations;
- Ensuring statements of work (SOWs) are agreed and signed before projects commence;
- Ensuring revenue and costs are recognised in the correct periods and in-line with project status.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- You will have a strong foundation in finance admin, with at least one years’ experience as a finance assistant or junior production accountant.
- You will be required to use accounting software to a proficient level.
- You will be confident using Excel.
- You must be a confident communicator both within and outside of the finance function.
- You will be able to respond to requests and queries in a prompt manner as projects are fast moving and subject to change.
- You need to be flexible in your approach and assist the Finance Team in any tasks that are required.
- You will need to be a self-motivator, proactive and be able to work without much supervision.
What you’ll get from us:
This is an excellent opportunity to join what is a hugely exciting and fast expanding business that has the aim to represent the very best talent in the world, while at the same time disrupting the traditional entertainment industry. You will get the opportunity to join a commercially minded finance team and get involved in a range of activities ranging from dealing with invoices right through to the roll out of a new accounting system.
Gleam is a fantastic place to work with great benefits on offer including 25 days’ annual holiday, discretionary bonus scheme and weekly ‘fizzy Friday’ drinks in the office.
Not only is it an incredibly fun place to work but as part of a multinational network of companies there are many opportunities to advance your career once you have proven yourself.
So, how do you apply?
If you feel this role could be what you are looking for please send your CV or LinkedIn profile
Inclusion & Diversity
We value the strength diversity brings to our business and are working hard to build a more inclusive workplace through partnerships with Stonewall, Business Disability Forum and Business in the Community’s race and gender equality campaigns. We are happy to discuss all flexible and agile approaches to working for all our roles – we can’t promise we will be able to offer you everything you want or need but we do promise to discuss it with you openly and honestly.
If you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you.