To work as a member of the Risk & Audit team to ensure successful completion of assigned audit engagements, from start to finish, inclusive of preplanning and wrap up activities. To identify risks within the business and examining and evaluating the adequacy of controls available to mitigate those risks. This role primarily involves working across the Group functions & EMEA region, though may also involve other parts of the Group in the Americas & Asia Pacific.
- Conducts assigned audit engagements across the entire audit life cycle in line with IIA and DAN Internal Audit standards.
- Work with the Risk & Audit management team to maintain and develop relationships and key stakeholders (e.g. Regional & Country Finance Directors) to help ensure the audit work carried out adequately addresses the key risks in the Group.
- Work with the business to facilitate improvements in the controls environment to mitigate risks to an acceptable level.
- Ensure that reported actions agreed with management are followed-up to establish whether they have been carried out to an acceptable level.
- Assist with the preparation of the internal audit plan as well as appropriate Management and Audit Committee reporting.
- Work with other team members to ensure audit work and other projects undertaken throughout the Group provides appropriate assurance.
- Assist in the continuing development and improvement of the Risk & Audit team (e.g. by refining the Internal Audit methodology or developing audit programs and testing procedures).
- Carry out and oversee other work as required (e.g. Investigations or Project Reviews).
(Dimensions to provide an overview for the scope and scale of the role whether financial, staff managed or other elements of the role over which the role impacts whether directly or indirectly)
Financial: limited direct control, although a high performer should expect to play an influential indirect role over Group. Staff: no direct reports, although will be expected to manage loan staff from a Dentsu Aegis Network’s co-source partner or ‘guest auditors’ from the business Other: role is wide-ranging, as the role is required to give assurance and business advisory over all aspects of the business.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Good relationship management capability, including dealing confidently with senior management
- Enthusiastic, confident and a team player
- Flexible and positive approach to work, including willingness to undertake substantial international business travel
- Able to pay attention to detail whilst combining with the ability to see the ‘big picture’
- Organised and able to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Previous internal audit experience (financial & operational) in a Big 4 or global enterprise, although candidates with a strong industry and financial background may be considered
- Experience in Risk Management, Data Analytics and Investigations
- Additional languages skills such as French, Spanish, Russian or Arabic are a plus
- Relevant audit qualification (e.g. CIA, ACA, ACCA, ACMA)
Our values and behaviours:
Agile – We need to be nimble, quick and flexible, thinking and acting differently. This means acting with freedom, deciding with speed and keeping it simple.
Pioneering – We're innovative, risk-taking self-starters, building an industry legacy. This means being constantly curious, taking risks to succeed, and being passionate about thought leadership.
Ambitious – We have a trail-blazing and inquisitive culture where relentlessness and hunger are rewarded. This means going the extra mile, having our eyes on the prize and having rapid and ruthless focus.
Responsible – We take individual and collective responsibility for our thoughts and actions. This means taking ownership, being good citizens and being transparent.
Collaborative – We work together globally to deliver a consistent brand experience and partner together locally to provide the best client solution. This means collaborating across the network; sharing success models; and attracting, developing and mobilising the right talent.