gyro are looking to add a key player to the finance team. We need you as an experienced finance professional to help us to deliver managing all aspects of revenue for our London office, and through your commercial awareness, to support our other wider commercial/financial responsibilities. gyro is a full-service advertising agency and is Dentsu Aegis Network’s Global B2B Flagship Agency.
You will report to the UK Financial Controller and provide support across the network as required. You will be an individual who can make a definitive contribution to our financial reporting, accounting, budgeting and through your commercial awareness, our profitability.
At gyro, this pivotal role is titled ‘Engagement Specialist’. The successful candidate must demonstrate their ability to interact in depth with account management and the wider team whilst ensuring that gyro’s processes and protocols in risk management are adhered to at all times. The Engagement Specialist role is the key liaison between account management and finance and ensuring accurate information is provided for the MDs of the UK offices.
Life at gyro is much more about people than positions. The things that bind us, and ultimately make us unique, are our core beliefs in open thinking, the desire to embrace change, hard work and the inherent energy that infiltrates everything we do.
You will ensure full compliance of gyro’s processes and advise the Financial Controller and Finance Director on the UK offices business performance in line with gyro’s policies.
You will act as a principle partner with the client services teams ensuring that the data in Paprika is up to date and accurate at all times.
As revenue is the key driver for the business, this will be your primary focus. Working in conjunction with the account management team, you will ensure:
- Daily liaison with account management – for example attending resource meetings and being ‘under the skin’ of each client;
- Accurate estimating of projects – ensuring correct rate cards are used and the estimate captures all elements of the scope of work;
- Statement of work is agreed (detailing what is in scope) and signed before undertaking of work with a valid client purchase order; and Statement of works have been assessed for potential risks which contravene gyro’s policies;
- Scope creep is identified early, managed and recouped;
- Job reviews and learnings from overages (but capturing in real time potential issues based on % of time to estimate);
- Timely and accurate invoicing to clients and ensuring debts are recovered;
- Out of pocket expenses are fully recovered;
- Keep the Paprika database up to date daily (scheduled completion, estimates);
- Closing jobs in real time and recognising revenue throughout the month;
- Working closely with project management on vendor contract agreements;
- Revenue recognition at month end under strict gyro protocols;
- Revenue forecasting (forward forecasting), Revenue reporting – mid month, SOW reconciliation, Month end reporting and client profitability reporting;
- Providing insight into client project performance and recommendations on how to improve;
You will assist the Management Accountant in the preparation of monthly management accounts, including revenue recognition under IFRS 15. You will also assist with the intercompany process and other adhoc reporting requirements. You will help the Financial Controller to prepare a year end audit pack in line with Group requirements.
Whilst the Engagement Specialist role is your primary focus, you will be required to assist the FC and FD on other projects as and when required. You will also act as cover for other functions within the finance team, working closely with the management accountants.
You must be able to give the Managing Directors and the Finance Senior team a snap shot of the agency’s financial situation at any given time (project status (e.g. confirmed Statement of Works, scope creep), client profitability, recovery of out of pocket expenses and give suggestions and solutions to specific financial issues.
Who are we looking for?
- You will be required to use Paprika accounting software to a proficient level, so previous experience as a Class 1 user is preferred. You will be confident with your Excel skills.
- You will have strong bookkeeping and accountancy skills, including revenue recognition under IFRS 15, be a good listener and have a confident manner. You must be very comfortable communicating verbally with either individuals or presenting to a group of people, whatever their role within the company.
- You will have a strong foundation in production accounting and job costing.
- You need to be able to spot, think through and cost up problems that may crop up with process & administration and be prepared to evaluate potential solutions.
- You need to be flexible in your approach and assist the Finance Team in any tasks that are required.
- You will need to be a self-motivator and be confident in working with employees with different levels of financial experience.
What you’ll get from us
We're always learning, because our industry doesn't stop moving — ever. You'll work with some impressive people who'll teach you everything they know. And you'll come up with new ideas and ways of working that will teach us a few things too.
It’s not all about work…
- Because we hire great people, you'll find like-minded talent in every corner of our organisation. So it's no surprise that our teams often hang out together outside work. There's usually something coming up on the social calendar, from team-building days to after-work activities to helping out in our local communities.
- We offer everything you would expect a global corporation to provide including competitive pension plans, income protection, life assurance, critical illness cover and season ticket loan.
- We are committed to creating a great environment for all of our employees.
- We strongly support a work-life balance and encourage agile and flexible working across the business.
- Our working parents are eligible for up to 20 weeks paid leave, including dads and co-parents and we also offer lifestyle benefits such as corporate-rate gym membership, childcare vouchers and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) days to use working for charitable causes each year.
- You always get your birthday off and we have a great holiday allowance scheme allowing you to buy or sell holiday too.
About Dentsu Aegis Network (DAN)
DAN is headquartered in London and operates in 145 countries worldwide with more than 45,000 dedicated specialists. Dentsu Aegis Network is Innovating the Way Brands Are Built for its clients through its best-in-class expertise and capabilities in media, digital and creative communications services. Dentsu Aegis Network consists of a number of market leading brands including; Carat, Dentsu Media, Isobar, iProspect, Posterscope, Vizeum, Amplifi, D2D and PSLive
Our values and behaviours:
Agile – Anticipate business needs, continuous process improvement, be flexible whilst maintain high standards
Pioneering – Being constantly curious, be bold in challenging the status quo, support a culture of openness
Ambitious – Strive for excellence, drive hard to achieve, learn from experiences
Responsible – Uphold the highest levels of integrity, lead by example, be courageous in raining concerns
Collaborative – Operate as one finance team locally and globally by sharing best practice and following standard practices and processes
Inclusion & Diversity
We value the strength diversity brings to our business and are working hard to build a more inclusive workplace through partnerships with Stonewall, Business Disability Forum and Business in the Community’s race and gender equality campaigns. We are happy to discuss all flexible and agile approaches to working for all our roles – we can’t promise we will be able to offer you everything you want or need but we do promise to discuss it with you openly and honestly.
If you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you.