As a Senior Data Engineer, you will manage and mentor a data team. You will be a strong advocate for the team and share practices, ideas and successes with other product delivery teams. You will have a deep understanding of and be able to coach and mentor the team in optimised data practices.
We're looking for Engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, master data management, analytics and data quality and stewardship. We need our Engineers to be versatile, to display leadership qualities and to be enthusiastic in taking on new problems. As a key member of a versatile team, you design, test, deploy and maintain data solutions.
- Be instrumental in helping to develop the company's Enterprise Data Hub strategy and vision
- Responsible for delivering the integration solution components, dataflows and future iterations
- Engaging with key stakeholders to understand and define data integration requirements
- Understand and document data structure and business rules within sources systems
- Focus on identifying underlying data issues using data quality and profiling tools as appropriate
- Contribute to the analysis, design, development and delivery of data migration, data integration and MDM projects by performing complex data mapping and data conversion activities using tools where available
- Assist in technology selection where appropriate and justifiable to create the future platform for the Enterprise Data Hub
- Following the creation of the Enterprise Integration team, line management responsibility of an agile team who will look to you as a mentor to develop their skills and as a coach to guide them through development
- Allocate your team’s workload and manage the expectations of key stakeholders
- Collaborate with other Leads in Data Engineering and other Technology functions (e.g. DevOps, Security) to deliver secure, reliable, robust and scalable data solutions
- Identify and implement data best practices in conjunction with your peers, both within Enterprise Architecture, Integration and Technology as a whole
- Troubleshoot and take ownership of issues in our development, test and production environments. Including performance optimization and continuous tuning
- Continuous learning and evaluation of the latest development methods, tools, and technologies
- Significant experience of data engineering experience
- Proven experience managing small data teams and mentoring engineers
- Hands on project delivery experience within a number of data related initiatives. This should include experience of data design, data mapping and data quality assessment
- Demonstrable experience with a number of data related projects
- Industry experience working with Integration solutions preferably iPaaS solutions
- Proficient in the use of multiple database technologies i.e. Postgres, Mongo, SQL etc,
- Proficient in one or more data related programming languages i.e. Python, R, SQL
- Proficient in the use of Google analytics, Power BI , Tableau
- Highly experienced in Agile development
- Knowledge of cloud platforms such as Azure and AWS
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery an advantage
- Knowledge of microservice architecture and API Management an advantage
- Working experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes an advantage
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrates and adheres to the DAN company values as below;
- Agile, by moving quickly, adapting to change, reducing complexity wherever possible and being flexible
- Pioneering, by displaying initiative, not being afraid to take risks and leading by thinking, saying and doing
- Ambitious, by constantly driving forward towards success and displaying enthusiasm for the challenges ahead
- Responsible, by embracing individual and collective responsibility for progress and willingness to be part of the solution
- Collaborative, by working with their stakeholders and colleagues of all disciplines in a transparently communicative style to deliver the best solutions
What you’ll get from us
Dentsu Aegis Network is a fantastic place to work with many great benefits on offer including 25 days’ annual holiday, Pension, Cycle to Work Scheme, and get your Birthday day off!
Not only is it an incredibly fun place to work but as part of a multinational organisation there are many opportunities to advance your career within the wider business once you have proven yourself.
About Dentsu Aegis Network (DAN)
DAN is headquartered in London and operates in 145 countries worldwide with more than 45,000 dedicated specialists. Dentsu Aegis Network is Innovating the Way Brands Are Built for its clients through its best-in-class expertise and capabilities in media, digital and creative communications services. Dentsu Aegis Network consists of a number of market leading brands including; Carat, Dentsu Media, Isobar, iProspect, Posterscope, Vizeum, Amplifi, D2D and PSLive
Our values and behaviours:
Agile – Anticipate business needs, continuous process improvement, be flexible whilst maintain high standards
Pioneering – Being constantly curious, be bold in challenging the status quo, support a culture of openness
Ambitious – Strive for excellence, drive hard to achieve, learn from experiences
Responsible – Uphold the highest levels of integrity, lead by example, be courageous in raining concerns
Collaborative – Operate as one finance team locally and globally by sharing best practice and following standard practices and processes
Inclusion & Diversity
We value the strength diversity brings to our business and are working hard to build a more inclusive workplace through partnerships with Stonewall, Business Disability Forum and Business in the Community’s race and gender equality campaigns. We are happy to discuss all flexible and agile approaches to working for all our roles – we can’t promise we will be able to offer you everything you want or need but we do promise to discuss it with you openly and honestly.
If you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you.