The role is an essential part of the Group Finance team for DAN, supporting the technical accounting agenda across the globe.
The role will help to ensure:
- the business is provided with sound and clear technical accounting advice and guidance.
- new accounting standards are properly understood, assessed and documented to ensure the most efficient implementation
- the accounting of prospective M&A deals are fully supported
- the business is provided with formal technical accounting papers to support decision making and maintain best practice control.
- all new business activities and initiatives are promptly and accurately assessed for compliance with IFRS and key financial judgements appropriately considered.
- the DAN Group Accounting Policies relating to complex accounting areas are maintained and understood globally.
- the external Audit of complex accounting areas is well managed
The role requires a finance professional who will bring energy and expertise to this dynamic, diverse and highly acquisitive company.
They will need to liaise with all levels of the Finance team – the Group Finance teams, regional Finance teams, and the local Finance teams, including the Finance teams of acquired companies.
Delivering Technical Accounting Excellence
- Help to provide best in class technical accounting advice, on areas of complexity and new business activities, identifying accounting risks to be mitigated and opportunities to be pursued.
- Facilitating internal discussions on key areas of financial judgements, propose recommended accounting treatment and support the Group M&A Technical Accounting Manager and Head of Group Financial Accounting and Reporting to conclude appropriately.
- Partner with the business to assess the impact from changes in accounting standards and/or from changes in business strategy.
- Researching technical accounting issues, and providing accounting support on complex business transactions.
- Provide support to regional and market finance teams on technical accounting matters when required.
- Assist with preparation of materials for Board, external audit and other meeting as required.
- Assist on other business projects as required.
Process improvement and Control
- Help to develop a robust process to ensure we are capturing and documenting areas of significant judgement in an appropriate way whilst ensuring they are continually monitored.
- Maintain, and updating where required, accounting policies to ensure compliance with IFRS and local GAAP.
- Partnering with the Financial Reporting team to ensure that all items are recorded correctly, and disclosed appropriately.
- Partnering with the tax team to ensure that all tax implications are fully considered for all.
- Partner with Dentsu Group finance on all areas of technical accounting.
Finance team development
- Be an active part of the Group Finance team, focusing on developing technical accounting knowledge across all Finance teams.
- Provide support and training on emerging accounting standards, including developing training materials, to finance and non-finance colleagues across the business.
Help to manage the group audit process of complex accounting areas, working closely with the external audit team, ensuring the audit is completed on time and with zero audit differences.
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND CAPABILITY
- The ideal candidate is likely to be a Qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA) with a minimum of 1-2 years post qualification experience
- Previous experience in a Technical Accounting role within industry – desirable but not essential
- Proven experience of implementing new standards and/or putting in place best practices in technical accounting
- Experience of working in a large multinational company
- Happy to work autonomously
- Excels at liaising with senior stakeholders
Our values and behaviours:
Agile – Anticipate business needs, continuous process improvement, be flexible whilst maintain high standards
Pioneering – Being constantly curious, be bold in challenging the status quo, support a culture of openness
Ambitious – Strive for excellence, drive hard to achieve, learn from experiences
Responsible – Uphold the highest levels of integrity, lead by example, be courageous in raining concerns
Collaborative – Operate as one finance team locally and globally by sharing best practice and following standard practices and processes
What you’ll get from us:
This is an excellent opportunity to get experience in a world class technical accounting team and have a major impact on the control framework within DAN.
Dentsu Aegis Network is a fantastic place to work with many great benefits on offer including 25 days’ annual holiday, Cycle to Work Scheme, and get your Birthday day off!
Not only is it an incredibly fun place to work but as part of a multinational organisation there are many opportunities to advance your career once you have proven yourself.
About Dentsu Aegis Network (DAN)
About Dentsu Aegis Network (DAN) DAN is the 4th largest advertising network globally, headquartered in London and operates in 145 countries worldwide with more than 45,000 dedicated specialists. Dentsu Aegis Network is Innovating the Way Brands Are Built for its clients through its best-in-class expertise and capabilities in media, digital and creative communications services. DAN consists of a number of market leading brands including; Carat, Dentsu Media, Isobar, iProspect, Posterscope, Vizeum, Amplifi, D2D and PSLive each covering different capabilities such as digital creative execution, media planning and buying, mobile applications, SEO, content creation, brand tracking and marketing analytics.
So, how do you apply?
If you feel this role could be what you are looking for – please send a copy of your C.V
Inclusion & Diversity
We value the strength diversity brings to our business and are working hard to build a more inclusive workplace through partnerships with Stonewall, Business Disability Forum and Business in the Community’s race and gender equality campaigns. We are happy to discuss all flexible and agile approaches to working for all our roles – we can’t promise we will be able to offer you everything you want or need but we do promise to discuss it with you openly and honestly.
If you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you.