The ideal candidate will have extensive experience working in structured environments following Agile methodologies. This role will work in a collaborative environment to develop highly interactive digital experiences.
Please note that all candidates must be willing and able to obtain a secret level security clearance for this position.
What You’ll Do
- Provide high-quality, well-structured, well-documented code, and communicate effectively with creative leads, client counterparts, and other members of the development team.
- Master new / emerging technologies, frameworks, and tools, and share this knowledge with the Isobar technical community.
- Advocate for establishing and following coding best practices, assist with code reviews to ensure the team adheres to the best practices, and take the initiative to offer technical direction and creative solutions.
- Evaluate project risks, communicate mitigation solutions to client, and interact with creative, experience, and development team members to identify and address potential issues early in the design / development process.
- Manage multiple work streams within an engagement, working with both internal and external resources to deliver on project milestones.
- Implement and own the front-end development solution, leading architecture changes and new coding practices within both the project and the Isobar community.
- Manage and lead technical team members, as well as mentor junior / mid-level developers by encouraging collaboration, participation, and creative thinking.
Who You Are
- Have an expert-level understanding of core engineering principles and computer science concepts, such as algorithms, data structures, networking, and working with databases
- Expert level experience developing React applications
- Expertise in React state management
- Experience designing and maintaining React component libraries
- Well versed in CSS pre and post-processors (SASS, LESS, PostCSS, etc.) and their configs
- Experience with alternative styling methods such as Styled Components or CSS-In-JS
- Experience with Webpack and it’s configuration
- Expertise with NPM dependency management and scripting
- Expertise working with responsive design and developing for mobile, tablet, and desktop
- Experience working with 3rd party services, APIs, and content management systems
- Knowledge of SEO and Accessibility best-practices
- Knowledge of security best practices (OWASP, etc.)
- Deep understanding of web optimization techniques for performance and load time
- Experience leading development on projects with multiple developers
- Experience mentoring junior members and providing code reviews
- Experience with project management tools such as JIRA
- Able to clearly communicate with non-technical team members about requirements, blockers, and solutions
- Able to self-manage and focus on more than one project at a time
- Typically 6 to 10 years of experience of building multiple sites or apps, taking different approaches, and solving various technical and creative issues
Who We Are
Isobar combines next-level commercial capabilities with deep government expertise to solve complex technical challenges and deliver unparalleled digital transformations. We are an experienced technology services provider that specializes in human-centric design, emerging technology, machine learning, secure cloud solutions and application development. We take pride in our 20-year heritage of working with the Department of Defense.
At Isobar, we are a culture of many, united as one…
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.