Isobar is seeking Senior Systems Engineers who enjoy the challenge of building automated solutions for continuous delivery of large-scale, highly available web applications. The ideal candidate must have experience working in a DevOps model playing an active role with software developers in building solutions. Past experience as a software developer is a plus, but not a core job responsibility. Instead, an understanding of software development processes, tools, and operations is the focus.
Please note that all candidates must be willing and able to obtain a secret level security clearance for this position.
What You’ll Do
- Configure and manage development, QA, and staging and production environments hosted on various cloud environments (primarily Amazon Web Services) or client hosting centers
- Design, implement, and operate systems that leverage cloud-native platforms and capabilities, including IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS
- Manage the promotion of code between environments using current techniques and tooling for infrastructure, deployment, and test automation
- Design and implement Infrastructure as Code (IaC) using industry-leading infrastructure automation tooling (Ansible, Chef, CloudFormation, ARM Templates, Terraform, etc.)
- Collaborate with development teams to plan and support upcoming releases, and implement operational enhancements to improve reliability and scalability
- Anticipate operational issues before code reaches production, including advising and supporting development teams with product enhancements and design changes, as well as specifying and implementing new tools and processes prior to production launches
- Proactively monitor production system performance, uptime, and daily operations, including the configuration and use of automated, cloud-based monitoring and alerting offerings (AWS CloudWatch, Azure OMS, etc.)
- Monitor production system performance and uptime and daily operations, ranging from traditional system measures to business-specific transactional monitoring for nightly jobs and ad-hoc review of logs
- Assist in the development of capacity plans for future infrastructure needs and scale server environments to implement those plans
- Identify and implement opportunities for automating existing processes in order to streamline operations and support functions
- Manage server and application patches for routine upkeep and vulnerabilities
- Stay current of trends and innovations in the virtual hosting and management space, bringing opportunities for improvement to the technical teams and leading their implementation
- Ensure deliverables are client‐ready, high quality, and can easily be turned into templates and standards for other Isobar engagements
Who You Are
- 4 years of experience developing web applications, or designing and administering the systems that support them
- Minimum 2 years of experience managing and administering cloud hosting environments
- Minimum 2 years of experience with infrastructure automation / IaC
- Minimum 2 years of experience scripting common languages such as Bash, Python, or Ruby
- Experience with code management and promotion toolsets, including source code control and continuous integration
- Experience running Linux or Unix in real-world production environments, preferably at scale
- Experience with native-cloud application and database hosting platforms such as Elastic Beanstalk, Azure App Service, and Amazon RDS to include capacity planning and cost estimation
- Ability to perform problem determination and root-cause analysis to maximize availability and meet Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Knowledge of and experience with promotion strategies for applications between different development and production environments
- Experience performing needs assessments, design, application testing and integration, production cutover, change management, and capacity planning
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum process is a plus
- Experience building and administering container orchestration technologies such as Kubernetes is a plus
Who We Are
Isobar combines next-level commercial capabilities with deep government expertise to solve complex technical challenges and deliver unparalleled digital transformations. We are an experienced technology services provider that specializes in human-centric design, emerging technology, machine learning, secure cloud solutions and application development. We take pride in our 20-year heritage of working with the Department of Defense.
At Isobar, we are a culture of many, united as one…
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.