Isobar is seeking a recognized leader to oversee the pursuit of strategic business opportunities within the Department of Defense. The VP Business Development will oversee all aspects of new business identification, qualification, and capture for Department of Defense. This position leads the development of gap analyses, competitiveness assessments, discriminators and key win themes, price to win and overall win strategy/ value proposition. Serves as the lead architect for external teaming arrangements and team partner roles to include identifying, selecting and recruiting teammates, subcontractors, and suppliers.
This role will report to the Chief Growth Officer and work in close collaboration with Isobar Federal executive leadership, Program Managers/Directors, and staff in identifying and qualifying new business opportunities. The right person will devise appropriate strategies to ensure contract wins through active, strategic, tactical, and hands-on developmental roles in all facets of the new business acquisition life-cycle and proposal development. They will orchestrate timelines, identify and recommend allocation of resources, and monitor and summarize progress of new business pursuits.
Please note that all candidates must be willing and able to obtain a secret level security clearance for this position.
What You’ll Do
- Development and qualification of a new business pipeline for opportunities
- Capabilities to be exploited include: Cloud Architecture\DevOps, Cloud Application Migration, Agile Application Development, Maintenance, and Enhancement; Mobile Apps, UX\CX, AI\ML
- Building and executing a call plan
- Diligently using the Capture Management system to capture and share all customer relationship data and lead management activities
- Identifying and capturing new business by leveraging knowledge and contacts within the Federal marketplace
- Meet with potential customers frequently to introduce Isobar Federal capabilities, determine client needs and challenges, and offer potential near-term solutions
- Identify potential teaming partners and build integrated teams in both the Prime and Sub positions on substantial new programs
- Develop a capture plan for opportunities identified and qualified
- Track the status of potential opportunities and be responsible for updating the status of all pipeline opportunities within their assigned accounts
- Research and qualify opportunities within existing/new customer base and utilize the individual's personal contacts to identify potential business opportunities
- Lead the initial investigation under the capture umbrella; develops capture plans, call plans, and focused presentations to prospective clients
- Once a business opportunity is identified and qualified, will lead bid/no bid decision process and assist in proposal coordination on those opportunities identified for bid submission
- Work with CGO to determine teaming strategies and meet with potential teaming partners
- Support the preparation of technical and price proposals
- Prepare reports and briefs for the Isobar Federal leadership team regarding status of pursuits, including preparation of Opportunity Briefs\Gate Reviews and participation in the Monthly Pipeline Review
Who You Are
- 8 years business development as either a manager or business developer\sales executive in the Federal IT Services market; specific experience with D.O.D. agencies is required
- Managed at least 3 winning procurements with individual values greater than $25M
- Proven experience in increasing revenues on IDIQ contracts (large deal volume, small and medium average value $10M-200M)
- Substantial relationships with Federal Government agency personnel and deep IT Industry contacts
- Understand the target client market and IT Services required by Federal customers
- Experience with Federal acquisition processes
- Strategic thinking and decision making to maximize probability of win
- Creative thinking on competitive positioning, win strategy, themes, and discriminators
- Extensive experience evaluating and recommending key teammates and partners, along with determining a teaming strategy to optimize value
- Capture management experience
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills with all levels of company and customer management
- Superior personal communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to write well and adapt information into required formats for documents (required)
- Successful IT Services Business Development experience
- Knowledgeable of IT Services and technologies and the different skill sets required to introduce and support those technologies in support of customer requirements
- Familiar with the technologies and techniques associated with core competency areas (Application Development, Maintenance, and Enhancement; DevOps; Cloud Computing Services; Enterprise IT Infrastructure Services; Cyber
Who We Are
Isobar Federal combines next-level commercial capabilities with deep government expertise to solve complex technical challenges and deliver unparalleled digital transformations. We are an experienced technology services provider that specializes in human-centric design, emerging technology, machine learning, secure cloud solutions and application development. We take pride in our 20-year heritage of working with the Department of Defense.
At Isobar, we are a culture of many, united as one…
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.