New York, NY, United States
Isobar is seeking Interactive Architects who have proven experience designing, developing, and supporting enterprise-class web applications using all available front-end technologies. Candidates must have extensive experience working in structured environments following defined development methodologies—and be able to propose new ones as necessary.
Candidates must have a complete understanding of the overall project and demonstrate an ability to provide input and direction to team members across all disciplines. The role demands advocacy for a technology stack / solution and leveraging it to influence the client’s technology leadership.
Candidates are expected to provide high-quality, well-structured, well-documented code and communicate effectively with client counterparts, creative leads, and other members of the development team. They will manage and lead technical team members, as well as mentor junior / mid-level developers by encouraging collaboration, participation, and creative thinking.
The ideal candidate must have experience interfacing with various back-end technologies, frameworks, and services. Interactive Architects at Isobar must demonstrate the ability to master new / emerging technologies and take initiative to offer technical direction and creative solutions. They must be active in determining preferred frameworks and tools across the Isobar technical community, as well as improve existing Isobar front-end standards and implementing new ones as technology changes. The candidate must also actively contribute to open source projects for the advancement of open standards and the industry as a whole.
The candidate must have consulting experience, be a team player with a positive attitude, and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. This position may require travel.
Required Experience / Skills
● Experience with templating engines (e.g., Mustache, FreeMarker, Razor, etc.)
● Expert with the application of responsive web design concepts on multiple projects, including creating frameworks from scratch when a current existing framework does not fit requirements, fluid layouts, and positioning
● Expert knowledge of browser behavior and compatibility, cross-browser issues and solutions, and coding for search engine optimization
● Expert understanding of performance, cross-browser / cross-device development, testing, and optimization
● Foster code reuse, maintainability, and consistency across multiple team members and / or projects, as well as lead efforts to diagnose and troubleshoot issues spanning multiple systems, teams, and vendors
● Demonstrate a mastery of tiered architecture and concepts with a proven ability to lead client discussions on architecture
● Experience developing sites with a content management system (e.g., WordPress, Drupal, Adobe Experience Manager)
● Experience working with web analytics and A/B and multivariate testing tools (Adobe DTM, Omniture, Optimost, Google Analytics, etc.)
● Experience with common, open APIs (Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, Twitter, etc.), keeping a focus on strategic uses as well as technical knowledge
● Expertise with optimization tools (e.g., integration with Omniture/Optimost/DTM/etc.)
● Experience with Adobe Photoshop and other graphic-editing tools
● Able to set up and manage a complete development environment, including environment set-up, builds, deployment, source control, and continuous integration, as well as the ability to select, specify, and advocate the programming language and tools for a project based on client requirements and environments
● Experience with source-code management tools (e.g., Git, SVN) and the ability to determine the approach in handling code branching and merging
● Experience with Scrum or another Agile methodologies
● Experience with unit testing and QA / production best practices
● Able to oversee the production of client-ready documentation for projects and produce documentation in the style of Isobar templates when no templates are available
Nice to Have
● Experience with NodeJS
● Experience with XML technologies like XSD, XSL, XPATH