Business Analysis at Isobar
Our Business Analysts provide the analytical strategies, insights and solutions that Isobar delivers to world-class brands within the media, finance, healthcare, commerce, and government sectors. In addition to award-winning websites and mobile applications, we have implemented a number of pioneering ideas in the digital space.
Every member of the Business team—from the most junior analyst to our most senior leadership—works in close collaboration with our counterparts in other disciplines, as well as with our clients. Together we create solutions that always function from the user perspective.
We value people who have a passion for creative problem solving, relish tackling complex issues, are able to communicate ideas effectively, and are self-starters eager to learn and apply new knowledge in a fast-paced, client-driven environment. At Isobar we expect our analysts to be hands-on at every stage of the process. They must be able to conduct discovery work in order to understand our users and the challenges at hand, and then translate those audience needs into business objectives and priorities for both a short- and long-term user experience vision. Finally, through thorough testing and other techniques, our analysts must be able to set the course for a sound implementation and documentation delivery.
For Lead Business Analysts who would like to work with us, Isobar is seeking applicants to work in project team settings handling a variety of roles and responsibilities. Lead Business Analysts at Isobar must be intelligent, analytical problem solvers with strong written and verbal communication skills. Candidates must be self-starters, able to quickly learn and apply new knowledge in a fast-paced client-driven environment.
Lead Business Analysts must have:
- The ability to analyze complex situations and adapt to changing projects and responsibilities
- A thorough understanding of requirements gathering processes, tools and templates
- The ability to create—and direct others to create—business deliverables, including functional specifications, use cases, requirement traceability matrices, user stories and acceptance criteria, and ensure deliverables are client-ready
- A comprehensive understanding of functional, regression and quality assurance testing and the ability to lead both internal and client team members in the effort
- Experience using bug-tracking software such as JIRA
- Experience in facilitating and driving client requirements workshops
- An understanding of project delivery methodologies, including waterfall and the agile Scrum framework
- Fundamental knowledge of user experience principles
- Help determine the approach and methodology that best suits the task requirements and client environment
- Apply Isobar methodologies and tools to project delivery
- Serve as the functional/domain expert on the project team
- Manage a significant component of a work thread within an engagement, possibly managing a small internal or client team
- Prepare high-quality, client-ready functional deliverables
- Adept at identifying, quantifying and managing project delivery risks
- Mentor and lead junior team members
- Facilitate client working sessions
- Have outstanding communication skills, including the ability to work across all disciplines (UX, design, technology, project leadership)
- Lead team status meetings and inform manager of issues, risks, decisions, etc.
- Review final deliverables with client stakeholders
- Present written and oral communications in an organized and structured manner with an ability to level the communications appropriately for the target audience (from internal team communications to client presentations)
- Understand leading-edge mobile and web application technologies, including but not limited to mobile web and iOS/Android applications, CMS, CRM and other Internet applications in a variety of different industries
- Experience in one of more of the following solution sets: corporate sites, consumer sites, B2B sites, B2C sites, commerce platforms, employee portals or marketing platforms
- Understand the elements of user experience and visual design and the application and benefits of a user-centered design process in the delivery of solutions
- Maintain a leading-edge understanding of new and emerging technologies and their potential client applications
- Assist in proposal efforts, including project approach, solution design and scoping
- Convey the Isobar brand and capabilities in both written and verbal business development conversations
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years professional experience in consulting, with at least 3 years experience as a Business Analyst and at least 2 years experience performing QA testing
- Consulting experience delivering web and/or mobile channel solutions at an enterprise scale
- Understand user experience and visual design
- Experience serving as the functional subject matter expert on projects based on previous experience and/or the ability to quickly learn and become the resident expert
- MBA or Master’s degree in Information Technologies
- CAPM certification
- Experience in large-scale eCommerce implementations
- Experience as Scrum master