The Brand Executive effectively supports the Brand Manager and, is responsible for the successful implementation of client communication strategies on time and within budget.
Implementation of Client Communication Requirements
- Work trafficked efficiently
- Attendance at all relevant client meetings
- Preparation of WIPs
- Relevant departments kept informed of changes
- Projects completed on time
- and within budget
- Contact reports written up within 24 hours of meeting
- Accurate WIPs prepared on time
- Preparation of 6 monthly advertising/competitive reviews for presentation
- On time delivery of reviews
- Accuracy/relevance of information – acceptance by the client
- Prepare creative briefs for adaptations/minor projects
- Provide appropriate stimulus materials for briefings
- Source client/brand related material for shoots
- Prepare production briefs
- Ensure artwork/scripts checked/comply with brand guidelines
- Sign-off of creative brief by Brand Director and Client with no revisions
- Production briefs signed off by Brand Director, Creative Director and Client with no revisions
- Record and maintain detailed headhours on all tasks
- Raise estimates on all projects
- Prepare PE to invoice stage
- Prepare billings summary for clients
- Accurate timesheets completed daily and submitted weekly
- All estimates signed by Brand Director and client prior to job commencement
- Sign off of PE’s by Brand Director and client without revision
- On time and accurate forecasts prepared monthly
- 100% accurate client billings summary prepared monthly
- Coordinate all research projects
- Attend all research meetings and groups whenever possible
- Input appropriate research
- On-time receipt of stimulus material from research companies
- All available research utilised in a timely and effective way.
In what areas does the position require judgement to be exercised?
The Brand Executive is expected to determine the schedule and timeline of projects.
COMMUNICATION WITH OTHERS
List those with whom the position holder must deal/interact internally and/or externally and why?
Most Frequent Contacts
Client Brand Managers - To keep clients informed of progress, seeking clarification and exchange information
Brand Manager/ Director - To exchange information and seek advice/support
Creative/Print Production Depts - To brief departments, monitor progress and ensure projects completed on time and within budget
Research companies - To obtain information
Production Companies -To provide briefings and manage project, deadlines and cost
A job competency comprises of 3 main areas:
Knowledge and Experience
- Previous agency experience
- Project Management
- Communication Skills
- Presentation Skills
- Time Management
- Information Monitoring
- Quality Orientation
- Meeting Participation
- Client Focus
What are the main challenges expected in the position ie what are the most difficult aspects of the job?
The major challenge of the position is managing numerous projects at the same time and bringing them to completion on time and within budget.