We are looking for a Front-End Developer, to join our creative team that is highly skilled in interpreting creative needs and desires into easy to use, engaging digital user experiences.
We are a digital agency with a focus on flawless user experience. We craft everything. From an application that makes content available anywhere, to extremely sophisticated platforms for our global clients. Our front-end developers have a broad range of technical opportunities to explore. Ensuring full collaboration between our technology, user experience, creative and strategy teams we enable the creation of complex, award-winning, no-one-else-is-doing-it, amazing work.
The candidate will take direction from tech and creative leads while communicating issues, providing estimates and helping to envision creative solutions to technical challenges. Candidates must be team-oriented, and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. The ideal candidate will have experience interfacing with various back-end technologies as well as frameworks and services. Our Front End Developers must demonstrate the ability to master new/emerging technologies, and take initiative to offer technical direction and creative solutions.
Joining one of the largest, award-wining digital agencies in Greece, is an exciting opportunity to become part of a tight-knit collaborative team and work on a wide range of clients and projects, including digital marketing campaigns, websites, mobile apps, social network communication campaigns.
Essential duties and Core skills:
- Coding and unit testing in HTML/HTML5, CSS3.
- Keen eye for design & motion and a passion for pushing these to the next level through code.
- The ability to own an end-to-end front-end development of a project.
- Understanding of semantic meanings on markup code and W3C standards.
- Able to create markup that is consistent across all browsers and platforms, understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Thorough understanding of fluid and responsive layout, browser behavior and compatibility, and cross-device issues and solutions.
- Understand how content, design, and UI work together for an optimal user experience.
- Good understanding of SEO principles and digital communication channels like Social Media platforms & Video/YouTube.
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and other graphic editing tools of the Creative Cloud. (This is not a design role, but a good knowledge of basic design and animation principles is a must huge plus).
- You must be able to provide a portfolio with your work.
Soft Skills :
- Excellent organization skills with a proven ability to manage multiple projects and adjust to frequent changes and priorities.
- Team player and collaborator who can easily adapt and adjust within a dynamic agency environment.
- Persuasive and effective communication skills including experience presenting to and winning clients by clearly articulating coding strategies.
- Passion for Web Design & UI/UX design with thorough understanding of methods and techniques.
- Be creatively ambitious with project ownership and pro-activeness.
- 2 year minimum experience in Front End Development proven by an outstanding online portfolio.
- Agency experience preferred.
Will be consider as a plus:
- Experience with Canvas / WebGL.
- Good understanding of libraries such as AngularJS, BackboneJS.
- A current knowledge of mobile best practices, including the Apple Human Interface and Android’s material design.
- Basic knowledge of SQL & back-end experience on Microsoft Technologies (.NET, MS SQL).