MKTG and Isobar—respectively the Lifestyle Marketing agency and the Creation and Digital Strategy agency of Dentsu Aegis Network—have been collaborating since January 2015 with FDJ®, the top partner of French sport, on the definition and implementation of the communication strategy for the FDJ® / UEFA EURO 2016TM partnership. MKTG and Isobar have conceived and developed the LA OLA FDJ® concept, official signature of FDJ® during UEFA EURO 2016TM.
MKTG designed and set up the OLA FDJ® spaces within the UEFA EURO 2016TM official fan zones all over France: Paris, Saint-Denis, Lyon, Marseille, Lille, Bordeaux, Saint-Etienne and Lens.
Within these fan zones, MKTG worked with FDJ® to create entertaining, football-inspired activities which reflect the festive, engaging and playful spirit of FDJ®:
• The solidarity goal: Awaken your talent for football and your capacity for solidarity by attempting to score a goal or to switch off as many LED lights as you can in 1 minute (Paris Eiffel Tower fan zone). Your actions will fund a prize pool that will be donated by the FDJ Foundation to a local association supported by the Football Fond'action (Action Fund).
• The footOcall: Celebrate UEFA EURO 2016TM FDJ-style by showing off your very best OLA or game play and receive an animated gif of your performance by email.
• The changing rooms: Experience the changing rooms for a chance to win a dream weekend in the European capital of your choice!
• 1-a-side: Experience a wacky game of football by playing with the rules of pool.
• The ABD corner: Get out your studs! Win a chance to experience life as a student at the Bernard Diomede Academy by taking part in the quiz.
Isobar created the digital graphics chart and developed the LA OLA FDJ® digital platform (www.olafdj.fr). This includes a responsive design website for PC and tablet, and a smartphone app available on iOS and Android, online since 3 December 2015.
Any user on the platform can win one of over 2,000 places in a lucky draw for UEFA EURO 2016 TM matches. Alone or in teams, online participants can play any one of 35 amusing games to anticipate, celebrate and fully experience the Euro.
Every day since the start of the year, participants have been able to win two places for UEFA EURO 2016 ™. The most dedicated teams will be attempting to win a place at the dream final!
"Continuing the collaboration which began towards the end of last year, we are delighted to be accompanying FDJ® / UEFA EURO 2016TM in its partnership with UEFA EURO 2016TM by designing and animating the OLA FDJ® spaces within the fan zones of UEFA EURO 2016TM", confirms Olivier Bischoff, CEO of MKTG. "Envisaged and designed around entertaining and enjoyable activities, these spaces offer fans some unique experiences, and we are very pleased with the success they have seen each and every day."
Kevin GRAS, Deputy CEO of Isobar: "In the digital sphere, the teams at Isobar wanted to celebrate the partnership between FDJ® and Euro 2016 by embodying FDJ's values of generosity. As part of the DNA of the FDJ® brand, the game is, of course, at the very heart of the experience. Amplified by a media approach and a constant activity on FDJ's social media platforms, the LA OLA FDJ® platform continues to be active during Euro 2016 and has already proved to be a resounding success."