How (and why) to design a marketplace strategy
Whilst eCommerce sales are increasing at a steady pace across the globe, leading marketplaces such as Zalando, Amazon and Alibaba are experiencing even faster growth rates. In the UK, for example, online sales increased by 16% from 2015 to 2016 according to IMRG, whilst ASOS grew by 27%. Meanwhile, Amazon is expected to make up 50% of all US eCommerce sales by 2021. So our ecommerce experts have written a report to explain How (and why) to design a marketplace strategy.
In this increasingly complicated digital ucontext, it is unsurprising that brands and retailers are interested in the growth opportunities afforded by marketplaces. However, despite the myriad benefits of selling through marketplaces, there are also risks and challenges involved. To help brands and retailers navigate the marketplace opportunity and formulate an effective strategy, we've put together this article, which looks at:
- Why marketplaces are good for shoppers
- Why marketplaces are good for brands and retailers
- Risks of selling through marketplaces - and how to mitigate them
- Considerations for launching your own marketplace
- How to design a marketplace strategy - from customer proposition to KPIs
Read the full article here.