- Primary ongoing responsibility is for the end to end project management and delivery of web and mobile based platforms for significant corporate clients.
- Type of projects will include corporate websites, e-commerce platforms, content platforms and mobile platforms for large and reputable corporations.
- Focused and accountable for meeting the project commitments, in terms of time, quality and budget, including effective communications with all relevant stakeholders.
Head of Technology
End to end project management responsibility and accountability (Budgetary, time and quality). Responsible and accountable for all client and supplier (internal or external) liaison, including, but not limited to: project definition and planning; business analysis; system scoping and definition; user interface and user experience definition, leading the design, development, testing, and implementation from concept to launch and post launch optimization.
- Meeting and liaising with clients to discuss, identify and define their platform requirements;
- Working with agency colleagues, often remotely to devise a plan that meets the client’s requirements and budget;
- Preparing detailed proposal documents including all requirements and budget and timeframes and obtaining client and internal approvals on same
- Briefing and managing design, UI and development teams on client requirements
- Liaising with, and acting as the link between, the client and the agency by maintaining regular contact with both, ensuring that communication flows effectively;
- Presenting work to clients for approval or modification; and managing changes in scope effectively
- Handling budgets, managing project costs and quoting to clients;
- Writing client status reports, maintaining project plans, meeting minutes, and risks/ issues reports to ensure smooth operations;
- Monitoring the effectiveness of platforms/ solutions and optimizing as necessary;
- Undertaking administration tasks and arranging and attending meetings;
- Making ˜pitches, along with other agency staff, to try to win new technology related business for the agency
- Ensuring the timely quoting and collection of all finances related to your projects
- Ensuring the appropriate resources are in place and that the work is conducted in timely fashion, within approved scope and budget
- Efficiently driving the execution of the project across the Creative, Design, UI /EX, and Technology and QA/QC teams
- Responsible for the consistent successful facilitation of a project from estimation through to launch and maintenance
Skills & Experience
- Minimum 5 years of increasingly responsible technology based experience, including experience in successfully managing various technology projects.
- Strong grasp of information technology concepts and processes.
- Demonstrated aptitude for effective leadership of multi-disciplinary staff.
- Thorough understanding of project management phases and methodology, particularly in the context of the software development lifecycle eg: Initiate Prepare: definition/scope/requirements Execute & Control: scope, work plans, resources, deliverables, QA/QC, Close: completion and assessment.
- Strong and tested project management skills, including risk management.
- Excellent client management skills: Understands who is the client and what are the client's needs; provides realistic expectations; establishes specific standards and actively monitors and optimizes.
- Knowledge of project management methodology (PMP preferred) and tools.
Interpersonal Skills and Qualifications
- Proactive and takes the lead.
- Strong presentation, communication and relationship building skills
- Strategic and analytical thinker
- Demonstrates superior collaboration and conflict resolution skills
- Attention to detail
- Very well organized
- Arabic and English language proficiency
- Bachelor’s Degree
- PMP certification would be a bonus
- Business development and client / new project acquisition skills
(Must provide evidence of the above through track record)